Original topic:

gallery/backup

(Topic created on: 03-28-2019 04:26 AM)
Wannabephotographer
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I've been a devoted Samsung guy since I bought my first flip in 2005. I usually know my way arround them but this time. I'm confused. Can someone answer my question? So all photos in gallery are backed up in all Samsung external cloud folders and Google folders and they always are. So now i have to many photos on my device storage. I want to delete them off my device storage since again, there all backed up times 4 external folders . But every time I go to delete a photo from device storage. It's reminding me that if I do so, its gonna delete them from everywhere also. So I can't find the setting to change that. Someone help me cuz my phone is lagging bad and I now own the S9+ and it should be good really to hold more but just trying to eliminate 1 by 1 what would do that. 
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy S
One of the Moderators confirmed that if you delete photos from your device - It's also deleted from Samsung Cloud (kinda defeats the purpose of the Cloud Storage right) But I'm not sure if you delete Photos from your device if it's deleted from Google Drive - I've deleted plenty of apks & photos from my devices over the years - But for me they are still safely backed up on Google Drive...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
thanks . was really afraid but made a test on an album and your right. they stay in the Google cloud , only deletes Samsung , ( makes no sense like you said )
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Could also get a memory card unless you have 1 already
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes I personally prefer to keep my images & music on my device - But that's a little beside the point - Cloud Storage is SUPPOSED to keep what you have uploaded safe - Samsung Cloud's inability to do so defeats the purpose imo 🐧
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I found that Google Photos once set up to HQ (Unlimited Data Storage) & I sync my phone with it automatically, by wiping any device the storage in Google Photos stayed put. In fact I have used 3 phone's & 2 tablet's so far connected through 1 email account, that any device online can see my collection once signed in. I have gone to visit family in Eastern Canada & had family in Edmonton login for me to verify for me & all good 👍 It's free & unlimited Storage (as long as you actually choose that over the HD setting with a maximum of 15 GB!) so anything the camera record's, you have a hard copy & a cloud copy basically 🙂
0 Likes