Original topic:

help! how do I move files around?

(Topic created on: 06-01-2019 07:27 PM)
jmcc93
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Since this new update I have been unable to figure out how to transfer files. They show up in the bottom of my screen when I select what I want to move, but I have no idea how to actually get the moved after I've selected what needs to be moved. It was super easy before the last update, now I cant figure it out 
17 Comments
jmcc93
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
so I've selected the "move" option
0 Likes
jmcc93
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
then it shows up as a little blue music note on the bottom. but how do I move it from here?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Do you mean when you are using Samsung's My Files?
I use Root Explorer Pro for mana my files & have been using it for years (other good file managers are Solid Explorer & MixExplorer) DO NOT USE es explorer - it sends your data to who knows where!
Root Explorer is really the only one that I ever use fwiw.
You Long Press on the file you want to move & Either Copy or Cut & Select the Destination 🐧
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Shaggyshunk1

DO NOT USE es explorer

First time read something bad about Es explorer, can you tell me more ? Where did you take this information ?

0 Likes
jmcc93
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have tried to copy my files too, and it still doesnt work
0 Likes
jmcc93
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I figured it out! I have to press and hold on the grey bar at the bottom right of the screen and under my thumb the "move here" button appears. it's really stupid. the button doesnt show up until I press and hold for 2 seconds.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah - Long Press is a common method as I mentioned in my first reply here 😉🐧
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I think it might be your theme, or a glitch.. On my s9+, the "move here" appears as soon as I click on "move".
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Could you please upload a pic? I've been having the same problem on my A01, and there IS no "grey bar at the bottom right of the screen"...

0 Likes