Original topic:

help! how do I move files around?

(Topic created on: 06-03-2019 07:57 AM)
jmcc93
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Since this new update I have been unable to figure out how to transfer files. They show up in the bottom of my screen when I select what I want to move, but I have no idea how to actually get the moved after I've selected what needs to be moved. It was super easy before the last update, now I cant figure it out 
17 Comments
Galaxy S

Reply: never mind, I also figured it out. After selecting the "Move" button, hit the "back" arrow and then do NOT select (tap) a folder in the "Categories" section. Instead, tap "Internal Storage" and THEN tap the folder you want to move to. You can increase the number of folders shown by clicking the "down" arrow in the top right area and selecting "all".

0 Likes
jmcc93
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
oh! I didnt even think about the theme that I have, thanks!
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Shaggyshunk1

Finally i choose "Solid Explorer ", i like the 2 screens showing Internal memory and SD Card, it's easy to tranfer documents or applications backup you don't necessary want to update...Thanks for helping !

Screenshot_20190602-123607_Solid Explorer.jpg

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Only $ 2.99 instead of $ 5.99 so i bought it...With all of my devices, it's a great deal
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Shaggyshunk1

You should write a post about ES Explorer...if i didn't look all of the post, I never knew about Es Explorer...After your post i will write one in French...(except if you can also write it in French)

I had to go in Parameters/Applications to uninstall ES Explorer because it was not showing anymore in my Play Store list but the application was still on my devices..
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@Shaggyskunk1
Just write something like : « Protect your Samsung Devices » Please Uninstall ES File Explorer and put 2 or 3 links about it...Anyway people is people,we have all the time something to yell about, Me it is about the applications they put on my Galaxy Tab S4 when they make the update...i yell and i yell (but technically i love my S4)
0 Likes
advance2k19
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
thats my problem too.i have a lot of folder extensions but nothing to save any.as in empty folder i try to delete but cant deleted
0 Likes
rishfernly
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I think the issue is that you are trying to move the file to an folder that has been specified by Samsung itself. You can't move a file from the "Downloads" to "Music" directly, but you have to move it to the music folder through the folder structure in your phone I.e. by going to "internal storage" on your phone and finding the music folder

0 Likes