Original topic:

how to get phone to read and reply to texts while driving

(Topic created on: 05-30-2020 11:29 AM)
lnc1
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I want the galaxy s9 to read texts to me while the car is in motion and I want to reply.  What app do I use?

0 Likes
18 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi lnc1, Same as previous post. You can either use Bixby or Google Assistant to read texts message and reply message. Both works fine for me. Choose the one you feel comfort to it. Hope this help.
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
how?
0 Likes
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
do you need to touch the phone?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
No, You do not need to touch the screen. To setup Bixby, I copied moderator's post:

You can do it with Bixby Voice. Follow the below steps: Press Bixby button >> click on three dots >> Settings>> enable "use while phone lock". Now when your screen is lock you can say Hi Bixby, then command Bixby to read text or send message.

Or you can search Google Assistant from playstore. Install it and ask "Hey google, read text message" or "reply text message"
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
what a screwed up system. my moto z2 just ask me if I wanted to listen to a text while I was driving. and then asked if I wanted to reply.
I thought android was good until I got this useless Samsung s9. good hardware awful software
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks  for the help Tallman

Hi lnc1,

With Bixby Routines, you will be able to enable message notifications to be read out via the car stereo, increase the font size and automatically enable Bixby Voice wake-up to call and send text messages hands-free. Follow the below guide to learn how to use Bixby Routines and Bixby Voice.
1-Swipe down to access your Quick Settings and activate Bixby Routines.Once activated, long press Bixby Routines to create and customise your Bixby Routines.
2-Under Recommended select Driving.
3-Tap on Bluetooth device.
4-Locate and connect your car stereo to your Galaxy phone.
5-Tap Next and add or remove commands that can be controlled from the routine, once complete tap on Done.
6-If you have a security passcode activated on your device you will be required to enter the passcode or biometrics to finalise and save the Routine.
7-Activate Bixby Voice and you will be able to call and text your contacts handsfree. Simply say "Hi Bixby, call..." or "Hi Bixby, send text to..." and Bixby Voice will complete the command.

0 Likes
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
thanks for your help but not what I wanted. I just want a simple app . I don't know anyone that uses Bixby and 10 of us have the the s9 or s10. it is just too unfriendly to use. most want to remove or deactivate the button.
0 Likes
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have been going crazy trying to follow your instructions. Bixby routines do not exist on a galaxy s9 with android 10 update. Bixby is just a flawed app that takes up space on the s9
0 Likes
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
now that I have had my rant, is there an app that works? I do not know of anyone that uses Bixby.
0 Likes