Original topic:

i bought S10 😁 but feedback

(Topic created on: 04-22-2019 05:19 PM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Big Samsung fan. Had S1, S3, S7, S9 and now S10. We also have S9, A5 and A8 in household.

The S9 was very slow with 4gb ram and major reason I upgraded. I will never understand why Samsung didn't make it 6gb (even S7 had 4gb). Double the ram, its so much faster, no longer refreshing browser. 

Camera remains a major flaw. I see Samsung inbetween Google and Huawei. Google has best camera software, Huawei has best camera hardware. Google does a lot with 1 camera and the latter does a lot with multiple cameras. 

Now Samsung has multiple cameras (not as good hardware wise with Huawei). But with software optimization, they can be better than any manufacture out there. 

For example, google produces some excellent night shots and bokeh effects, and even good zooms without extra camera. Samsung can better this. Huawei produces some extra hybrid zoom, which Samsung can achieve as well (like taking multiple shots). I wish Samsung had gone with 3x camera and use software for 2x.

I do miss my back button fingerprint. Very fast and loved the scroll notification.

I think the days of hardware are gone. There isn't drastic difference between performance compared to old days. Now software and AI are major things that Samsung should look forward to improving. I also hope Samsung upgrades the main camera. Other than slow mo and dual aparture, the camera is largely the same as S7. They can probably do better with larger sensor like Huawei. 
5 Comments
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I totally agree with you. We have reached a point where software matters over hardware. For the camera, I suggest installing the GCam for the best images. I was surprised on how big of a role post processing software plays.
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I know I can install gcam. But not all millions of S10 users know this. When they sit next to their pixel friend, they'll be like omg ur camera better than mine.
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
That's so true, really sad that Samsung worked so hard on the hardware but doesnt have the software to fully utilize it. However Samsung has gotten this message and the next update will bring improvements to the camera and even bring night mode.
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I don't think they worked hard on camera hardware lol. The main sensor is quite same as S7. They definitely need bigger sensor like Huawei.

However, Samsung software still better so its pics come very close to Huawei, despite inferior sensor. Now if they have a good software like Google, then they can be ahead of all phones (because Samsung sensor is still better than Google)
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
hmm, yeah. well Huawei only has the superior camera and that's all tbh. I'd still pick a Samsung anyday
0 Likes