Original topic:

icloud email will no longer work will not connect

(Topic created on: 06-18-2017 08:30 AM)
4x4hemi
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi. I posted on the US Samsung forums since there was already a thread about this issue. I could not see one here but I still wanted to post so if there is one already I apologize for starting another. I'm hoping there is a fix to this or others are also experience this and can share.

Hi.  I am also having the same issue with ICloud email account.  It started out of the blue on Thursday evening June 15, 2017, last sync was 5:10ish PM.  Then it started asking for me to log into my account to sync the emails.  Nothing worked.  Yes, the account still worked on my PC, IPhone and iPad.  No issues with the account. I tired manually to add the account from all suggestions on line. I tried deleting the account and re-adding and got the following message

"Unable to setup account. An incorrect username or password has been entered, or POP3/IMAP access is not turned on for this account, check your account settings or contact your service provider."

It has been working fine since I got my S8+ in March now all of a sudden it stops.  This also happened back when I bought my Note 4, after a few months same thing, after many attempts and discussions with many people on line and at Samsung everyone pointed to a Samsung issue.  I went back to IPhone.  So years later sick of IPhone I have tried Samsung again with the S8+, and again, ICloud email stops.  Again searching the web and contacting Samsung a Samsung rep yesterday June 17 was great at spending time analyzing my issue.  He connected to my phone remotely and spent 45 minutes trying to add the account and researching as best he could and still he could not get it to connect.  He also said this was a Samsung issue and that he will forward to appropriate department.  He said just keep trying and it will work soon.

Now while received what I felt was great service from this Tech, and he was honest with me as well as to the issue I am going to stay with Samsung for now, but I have to say this is a big problem and a re-occurring problem according to all the posts on the web for many years.  Samsung as to get this fixed, email for me extremely important due to my business, as I am sure important to many of us who have taken to this forum and others to talk about and get help.  And having an ICloud email address for so many years, when I was drinking the apple Kool-Aid, this email address has become my staple address.  I need it.  I cannot do without it.  So for now I have the Samsung s8+ AND apple iPhone 7 just for my cloud email.

This is going to get old soon and I hope Samsung has it fixed before my company and I go back to iPhone.  I don’t want to because of the gap in technology I feel is between Apple and Samsung.  Samsung superior IMO but for stability apple has that.  I never lost connectivity like this with Apple.  And now it has happened twice with Samsung.

Also worth mentioning, a friend of mine also has Samsung S8+ and this happened to him at the same time, his last sync was same day but at 4:49PM.

Can anyone help??

0 Likes
5 Comments
2Booman
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
june 17th 610pm, my problem matches yours to the letter. hope they fix it cause i dont want to ger an iphone.....
0 Likes
jbear1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
me too...exactly the same. on S6. Cannot find any answers online anywhere.
0 Likes
MuscleHamster
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same here on S6 around the same dates june 15 or 16th
0 Likes
4x4hemi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I was able to get this issue resolved by going in to my iCloud account then at the top of the page selection manage under Apple ID.  it will then take you to the Apple ID page where you will sign in again with your iCloud sign on.  After signing in, go to Security and turn on the two-step verification.  After that you will see "App specific passwords" in the security section.  You'll need to tell it to generate password and then you'll need to use that password on your phone in the password section when setting up your email.  Hope this makes sense and helps.

Here's an article that explains:  http://www.macworld.com/article/3197439/security/apples-new-icloud-security-requirements-how-it-affects-you-and-the-software-you-use.html

0 Likes
Chuckbytes
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I would like to add that the description of your problem is identical to my own. Seeing as I made iCloud a default email address which I give out on my business cards , I cannot use my Samsung S6 or Samsung S7 to retrieve emails from the iCloud . I gave up on purchasing Apple products as they are way overpriced and too restrictive however the access to an email account should not be so complicated.

whether it is a Samsung or an iCloud issue . I do see solutions posted online however none of them worked for me as I continuously run into username and password cannot be authorized.

My understanding and frustrations are shared as I struggle to resolve this issue.
0 Likes