Original topic:

image burn on S9

(Topic created on: 02-28-2020 06:16 AM)
kobe81
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I can see my apps burnt into my screen. It's pretty faint but I imagine itll only get worse. Is this common for Samsung products? Is there a was to safely fix?
6 Comments
Galaxy S
I also have a similar problem, this is a problem with plenty of screens not just Samsung's. It cannot truly be fixed but an easy way to prevent it and provide the display with a longer life is to reduce your screen time.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Chances are if you're like me you fall asleep with your phone playing YouTube videos at night.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
The real way to prevent this is to not have static elements displayed on your screen for too long. I use my devices all day and the only burn-in I ever got was the CN logo on my S7 from watching too much cartoons. I remedied the situation by watching the same thing in higher quality with no logo.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Reducing screen brightness also helps in the long run. Im also experiencing screen burn in on my Note 9 unfortunately.
0 Likes
kobe81
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I read that there are apps to reverse it but many had horror stories that went along with it.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
They don't reverse it - they just degrade the rest of the screen so that the burn-in isn't as obvious.