Original topic:

is rooting worth it?

(Topic created on: 03-27-2019 10:27 AM)
Dominick
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I was wondering I'd I should root my phone after the one ui update comes out for the s8 cause I have no plans on doing anything eith it after I upgrade to a new phone in a years time and I think it would be cool to try out rooting my phone and to see what it can do. Origanly I was gonna root my phone now but then I saw my phone could get android pie and I read up that apparently your root disappears after you update your device (major update)

It would be great if you could give me some feedback in the replys
13 Comments
wackdonald
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Don't do it on your main device. Maybe use a spare old device to learn more about it and how it'll affect your phone. You might render your phone useless and the warranty will be compromised. Plus, One UI is already pretty customizable you don't need to root.
GeekNerd
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
NO. It is not worth it!
You are losing ALL or at the very least A LOT of the Samsung features. It also voids your Knox warranty, so if you ever get a security breach you're on your own. NO help from Knox neither will Samsung.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Actually - While yes Knox is disabled & Samsung Pay won't work - Samsung Health will work by editing the build.prop to remove the Knox check - Warranty is likely over for the S8 series devices anyway - But the main reason that he probably shouldn't try to Root - He clearly doesn't understand what Root is - Other than "would be cool" & that's not a reason to Root 😉🐧
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
oui.
0 Likes