Original topic:

major Bluetooth audio issues

(Topic created on: 06-11-2017 04:26 AM)
Exenden
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I own a 2015 SRT Charger and a 2016 SRT Hellcat Charger.. both are fully loaded and both have the Harman Kardon premium audio system. I just got my S8 Plus which is replacing a Google pixel XL. My Google pixel connected to both my cars via Bluetooth and it was literally Utopia. I had no complaints because the audio was just smack dab perfect paired with my Harman Kardon audio system in both cars. Come the Samsung S8 Plus the super expensive top-of-the-line probably the best phone you can buy. Hook it up Bluetooth to both my car's and Google Play sounds like butt in both vehicles. Right away. Mind you I had to make 0 changes whatsoever with the Google pixel. it just connected to both my car's and it sounded perfect right from the get-go a great feeling trust me .

So now a very verse IT director who has been in the tech industry since 2001 Ventures off into the settings of the S8 Plus to find out why out-of-the-box and fully updated this phone connects to my premium vehicles and makes my premium sound system all of a sudden sound like crap in both cars. I find nothing other than the fact that with my pixel I was able to disable The Equalizer in Google Play, and let the car do it's thing... but now I have the Samsung equalizer when I select equalizer settings in Google Play Pop Up, and there is no way to turn this bloody thing off. okay fine, so to make sure it wasn't equalizer or that I wasn't going crazy, I plug in the earphone adapter into my car direct using the aux input and then the other end into the headphone jack of the S8 Plus... boom the car sounds Immaculate again and I can replicate these responses in the other car. so definitely something stupid with this Flagship top-of-the-line phone and it's Bluetooth. which sucks because it's 2017. yes I already disjoined the phone from both cars and reconnected the cars again via Bluetooth and that did not solve anything. everything is up to date every piece of software everything is up to date. and please keep in mind two different cars are giving me the same exact result with this phone. can someone please tell me what I am possibly overlooking or Justify what the heck is going on here because this is seriously a let down. the audio via Bluetooth sounds like am radio and has scratchy noises like tin treble in the background . kind of like a static interference noise....not cool...and Yes, I just noticed my phone magically for the first time decided to not capitalize letter after every period in this message....wow....please help...1000 dollar phone...
0 Likes
7 Comments
Exenden
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
And another wonderful issue with this phone. if I am listening to music, and somebody text me...the volume of the music goes down so that the notification noise can pop up (normal Pixel did the same as well..no issue)..but after the text notification sound goes away..the phone does not restore the volume of the music..it stays low until I reboot the S8 plus...i can't believe I'm even writing about this...
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It seems like a connectivity issue. However I use samsung music app for my downloaded music and don't have any problem with my home soundbar or my car audio. I am sure if this might help but you should give a try. I don't use google paly music, I find it difficult to use while driving. And about static in my case it was aftermarket charger that I was using. If I play music without charging phone it's clear.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I agree Samsung Music is better in my opinion.

0 Likes
Exenden
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I've been using Google Play since 2014 on two different Android devices using the Blackberry Priv and Google Pixel XL. never an issue. started immediately once I got the S8 plus online. Not ready to change services like this. for this...its clear this phone is doing something ill in regards to Bluetooth. She I plug in via aux all sounds extremely well...but that is not an option..
0 Likes
Exenden
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Sorry, keeping an open mind I just went to download Samsung Music, it's not even a music streaming service...i subscribe to Google Play so that I can stream music....def not an option here....so...when i use this phone via Bluetooth it makes my 1900 dollar Harmon Kardon option in two different vehicles sound horrible...if I us aux input, all sounds good. from my last two android devices, these cars never had issue with sound in any way and did not require any settings other that simply turning off the EQ in Google play...any help?? please...its discouraging because I am encountering this kind of issue on this kind of phone...im mad because this shouldn't even be a conversation out of the box for a flag ship phone like this. hopefully you can put yourself in my shoes. any help appreciated...also keep in mind when I get text notification while listening to music, the volume of music goes way down so I can hear notification( this is normal and was always fine with previous phone) but doesn't raise volume of music back up until phone is rebooted...
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I am definitely not suggesting to change your music streaming service. I know google play I'd the best you can get, however I just wanted you to test other apps if they all are causing the same problem. If this problem persist on every app than its definitely Bluetooth issue and you should contact samsung technical support for that. I just want you to test other players like YouTube, Spotify or may be Pandora. I understand it can be frustrating toh solve issue like this. I don't own cars like yours that I can test and tell you what expect Ly the problem maybe.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Exenden, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with your new S8. If you're finding that this issue persists, my recommendation would be to bring in your phone to a local Samsung service location so that they can inspect it in-person to make sure there are no defects (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support). In the meantime, I will bring this issue up with the rest of the Samsung team. Thanks!

-Nick
0 Likes