Original topic:

memory card issues

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 06:39 PM)
fatboy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
After the recent update.  I can no longer save pictures to my memory card.  I've changed the settings to SD card on the camera settings.  But when I take a picture.  A message that "it can't not be saved to external memory" appears.   I can see previous photos saved on the card.  But can't move things onto the card now.   Anyone else experiencing these issues?
7 Comments
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
In settings->apps check the permissions of the camera app.
0 Likes
fatboy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
still no luck
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Hi, in another post, @CHMultimedia told us than Android 10 have a lot of bugs ans insist to the fact another update will be done, maybe this is what's making your problem...

Personnaly, if it was my device, only thing i'd try would be a wipe cache partition, you can download this file for wiping all Samsung devices 

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtVm1GOj5C5ExBvKXn4K8XCyAcLc

Galaxy S10 wipe cache partitionGalaxy S10 wipe cache partition

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I'd power off the phone, pop the card out and test it as well. Do a backup on it and try putting other data files to it on a PC or notebook. If those fail, the card may have possibly been locked to read only preventing any writes to the card. In which case I'd google for solutions to unlock the card. It's tricky as it could have become defective and permanently locked the card to read only. I've had this happen before and hope it's not the case here and that it's simply a software issue Samsung will address.
0 Likes
fatboy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thank you all. I hope it is just an update that will fix the problem.
0 Likes
Cherian
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Reformatting the card, deleting the Android folder on the SD Card, un-mounting the card, etc. none of it works. I have a Samsung Evo SD Card, still have the reported issue.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Does your card works on PC ? 

Use a storage testing software like H2testw, available on PCs.

Also, you should read this article :

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/All-about-SD-Cards/m-p/2941101#M19683

0 Likes