Original topic:

mobile data quick menu toggle gone

(Topic created on: 10-14-2019 10:22 AM)
bkbdude
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
You should have this feature regardless of the mobile carrier. I don't care about close door deals. I just want to buy a phone and have it be better then the last. Samsung is next in line then, just another big tech company making their product worse with each update. **bleep** off with this **bleep** phone I'm now stuck with.
8 Comments
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
This is more of a carrier decision for the removal of the Data toggle in the quick panel. I suggest searching online how to add it back using ADB.
0 Likes
Ronaldo7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Even when you buy the phone from Samsung directly (CSC XAC), the toggle isn't there.

0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Unless you are on a provider that doesn't have a CSC, I believe on first boot Samsung installs based on the first sim card you pop in. I bought mine directly from samsung and it shows in software RWC/XAC. Again, I don't claim to know the exact arrangements between the two companies but I'm sure this wasn't solely a decision made by Samsung.
0 Likes
bkbdude
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Other manufacturers don't allow carriers to do this. This is the only phone I have that was like this but apparently it's a common thing on Samsung phones. Thanks for pointing out the ADB thing, I already found it online. Its just annoying whenever I see a company remove user options with upgrades.
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Definitely agree with you on that. Almost seems like a backwards thing and it sux that consumers become the victim. Netflix is soon to get crappier because companies want to take back their content to put on their own platform.
Æ
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
it is annoying but you can try this shortcut method, it is better than nothing

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Community-Guidelines/Best-Solution-to-Mobile-Data-Toggle/td-p/13...
0 Likes
itsGill
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
no beta testing and no data switch for Canadian 😕
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

The easiest solution is to run easy restore to get your toggles back.

http://easyrestore.pconline.ca

Includes tutorials on how to run the simple restore process

0 Likes