Original topic:

phone number show as unknown

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 02:08 PM)
wajih44
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
hi all I am using S10+, my sim card functions work very well but in phone settings like about phone and sim card manager it just show phone number as unknown 
I put other sim card and it show it's number also I replace my sim card with new card with same number and still same issue 
I try all possible and impossible methods and troubleshooting But cant show my number on my phone screen 
any guide ? any recommendations  ?
9 Comments
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Same as mine as well. It shows unknown (I'm using Tunetalk which runs on Celcom). 

Maybe it's something that depends on the telco? 

What's the telco carrier for the simcard that showed unknown and the telco carrier for the simcard that showed number?

wajih44
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
my maxis
0 Likes
MissingLink
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Not to worry, a common issue if it's not your first phone (meaning only your first phone usually will not have this issue). The reason is given by Samsung support as in the attached screenshot.
MissingLink
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
0 Likes
wajih44
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yes exactly I know it is common and my phone not the first or the last BUT it is spoil the screen spoil display appearnce right
0 Likes
Earlch
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
About Phone was updated follow the registration you made while buying the phone. Since your other Sim card showing the number, it is the number you used upon the registration. The other Sim card remain Unknown even used in dual sim or other Phone because it's not include in the registration card.
wajih44
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
good idea yes correct so why Samsung customer care center Didnt help me accses to about phone page again and uodate it just assuimng I buy new one
0 Likes
AmirFakhri
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Its ok when you after update the phone . You can edit by put your number phone
0 Likes
kkay
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
rasanya boleh letak kan nombor telefon dalam kotak tu?
0 Likes