please add HEIF photo support

(Topic created on: 08-02-2018 05:43 PM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
IPhone has HEIF support since iPhone 7.

Android P will support it as well.

I hope Samsung allows S9 to have HEIF photo support, like it has for videos already (HEVC). This will allow photos to be half in size!

Hopefully this feature is not S10 exclusive.

Also I'm attaching 4k video recording. My phone has been doing this, first few seconds extreme lag,then smooth. How to fix?
Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

0 Likes
8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
An Android P feature eh? That does remind me of another thing that should be supported by Android P. The S7.
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Did you like your comment? 😂
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No I don't like my own comments. Jut to prove it I did it now. See, it's now at 2.

If I need attention I'll use my website
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I see so many people like their own comment here lol. it's about attention or not , it's like kissing your own *** 😂 lool
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Ew. Wouldn't want to know what liking someone else's comments is to you.
BTW removed the like because it was just to prove a point
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Just theoretically saying 😂 to put in a mannered way, liking someone elses comment is okay as that's how interaction happens. but when you're interacting with yourself alone and loving/hating yourself due to yourself you're just plain crazy 😂
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah, it'll be one awesome change! Snapdragon 835/845 both are capable of taking pictures in HEIF format. I don't think Samsung will mess up and keep it exclusive to S10 because Google will probably mandate manufacturers to provide these formats to supported P phones. Can't wait to see what happens!
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Google, I will make sure to forward to development team and hope to see the change in the future release! Thanks for your feedback!

- Wonchul
0 Likes