Original topic:

pop ups since last update

(Topic created on: 09-11-2019 07:26 AM)
smilie
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Is anyone else having an issue with pop up ads since the last update?  They are even occurring when I check texts. Any suggestions on how to stop them?
5 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi smilie, Pop up ads definitely come from apps that you have installed. Software update and stock phones have no pop up ads. You may need to uninstall some apps to find out which app give you pop up ads. Maybe the app is related to text message?
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
As the man says .... pop ups only come from recent apps you have installed
0 Likes
smilie
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
thank you everyone. I'll have to investigate further because I haven't installed any new apps lately. I will review permissions
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Or try this, settings>apps>chrome>turn off notification on browsers. If it still there, your last result maybe master reset it. I had this before my note 8..
0 Likes
heyteacher
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I have also been getting pop ups and I am about to pitch my phone. I will be in the middle of replying to an email or a text and be interrupted with one. Often, when I first go on my phone, a little black square appears then a loud slot machine ad begins. (Is it a Samsung problem or a Google ap problem?) I have to exit out and then go back. The other one is when that comes up ALL the time, often random is a a google chrome ad. I had my apps long before the update with no issues.
0 Likes