Original topic:

"fast" charging

(Topic created on: 07-22-2017 11:31 PM)
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
So I've had my Samsung Galaxy S8 for a few months now and aside from the extremely delicate glass, easy scratching and finger print scanner glitches the most annoying issue of all must be the slow charge. I keep my things in good condition, if I let my phone get wet, I dry it the first chance I get (which is usually not long after), I've never tried jamming anything into the ports or had the phone in salt water and yet my phone takes nearly 4 HOURS to charge from 35%. I reported this and a Samsung rep basically told me try using a different cable and if that doesn't work to get it fixed. I swear if I have to end up paying more on top of the high cost I paid I'll be getting rid of this phone as soon as possible. 7cd69b42-60fa-4678-be21-b753488a7dfa.jpg
0 Likes
19 Comments
Alain47
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
HI, for the glass if you don't use a screen protector i will recommend that you buy if you want a LIQUID SCREEN PROTECTOR like NANOFIXIT. I have apply it on my phone and it's work very great. You can buy it on eBay or Amazon.
0 Likes
Chum
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
my phone keeps shutting off no idea what's up. Can you help. when I take battery out it works again
0 Likes
Alain47
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Maybe it's because your battery is too HOT? Is your battery is hot when you take your battery out of your phone? And your phone doesn't came HOT before shutting off ? Because when the phone is shutting off itself it's because your battery is too HOT.Install a application who can refresh your battery and maybe you have to many application on your phone and if you can transfer application on your memory card.
0 Likes
sentone
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
this is not a simple issue, you were not supposed to delete apps or refresh your battery in order to properly use your phone. my advice to you is to request a replacement or send to Samsung for analysis. might be a battery problem, falty motherboard or something else.
0 Likes
embrowne
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
is your phone has a removable battery it is too old. Get a new phone
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Chum, the other members are correct in that you shouldn't be needing to take out your battery in order to get your device to work again. Please contact your local Samsung Service Center (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support) so they can take a look for you!

-Nick
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Chum, if your battery is removable, I'm with embrowne, time to upgrade your phone buddy
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @unofficialQA, this issue is difficult to diagnose or troubleshoot without physically inspecting your device. As I've also suggested to @Chum, please contact your local Samsung Service Center (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support) so we can help!

-Nick
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I figured it out, it's the cable.
Galaxy S
@unofficalQA, glad you figured it out
0 Likes