Original topic:

s10+ Battery issue

(Topic created on: 06-01-2019 02:59 PM)
vicky01
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My s10+ battery declining very fast. My screen stays between 30-40% brightness. I dont play any games but still it goes down very fast.

0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy S
You can use an app called GSam Battery Monitor for more information on which apps are draining your battery (it's available from the Play Store & to get the best information you should use a simple adb command line) But I would suggest that you Boot into Recovery (after every OTA) and Wipe Cache 🐧

To Boot into Recovery:

Power OFF your device - Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three buttons - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache - Select with the Power button - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu default to Reboot - Select with the Power button.

This does NOT delete any files or Settings from your device - And you should see a definite improvement in the Battery life - Here's a screenshot from my S10+ for reference 🕊

p.s. I'm not using any Power Saving mode & I am using WQHD+ resolution & have several widgets running in the background 🙂
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
woah. nice SOT
TheDarkSaver
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
do you ever optimize your device
it's a thing in the settings
0 Likes
Galaxy S
The "thing" is called Device Care & you can put a shortcut on your desktop / home screen 😉🐧
0 Likes
TheDarkSaver
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
oh, I'm one 8.0, I didn't know they changed that name
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Think it was called "Device Maintenance" on Oreo...
0 Likes