Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

s10+ Chat settings

(Topic created on: 09-14-2019 03:36 AM)
abbatman
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hey, I am with Telus and whenever I try to click this chat settings button, it gives me this error. However, i saw a Bell representative with the same S10+ like mine, but his settings worked. Jve called both Samsung and Telus about this, they both refer me to each other, what is the solution, if anyone knows, please reply asap! I want to take advantage of this

0 Likes
13 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
Telus doesn't support RCS with Samsung Messages.... yet & that's why you're getting the error message - Telus Customer Service should know this & SHOULD have been honest (or at least informed) 🐧
abbatman
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Their reps didnt know, they told me its a Samsung issue
Kunta
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Is your settings app default or did you notice a sudden change in the interface? You can try to go to settings-reset network settings for them to be back to default, else try disabming bluetooth and LTE (only wifi), then Wifi off (only LTE) etc. to see if one connection is causing this. If you need to factory reset the device, you can easily back all your data up with Google Drive (should be preinstalled pn S10 I believe). i can help you through the process, if you need help directly let me know with a reply here and we can look into this. Always easier with a little help :)
Val
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
Telus doesn't support RCS with Samsung Messages & a Factory Reset isn't going to change that!

Telus MIGHT support RCS with Android Messages... MIGHT!

Telling someone to Factory Reset to fix the issue is absolutely ridiculous!!

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/07/02/google-rcs-telus-koodo/
abbatman
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you but no, factory reset does not resolve it as others have said
balou
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
hi, i'm working for telus and thé customer services dont know when rcs on Samsung message gonna launch. i think before 2020 but don't know when.
abbatman
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You think its before 2020 or you know?
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

Everyody on Telus and Koodo are seeing the same orange icon and just have to ignore it till Telus implements this.

Definetly don't reset to try and fix this as you will be wasting your time because it will still be there after you get done

Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

Ya if you look at the Reset Advisors history you will see that this is their 1st ever post.

There should almost be a test to see if you actually know anything before you get to post advice.🤣🤣