Original topic:

s10+ constantly switching between fast cable charging and charging

(Topic created on: 08-28-2019 03:25 PM)
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hey everyone, I've got a 2 and a half month old s10+ and I absolutely love it but! Recently its developed an issue where itll charge and then sometimes just stop charging all together or its every 5-10 sec switching between fast cable charging and cable charging (the slow option), I've rebooted my phone, I've booted into safe mode, I've booted into the boot menue and wiped cache but nothing seems to help, I've even tried 4 different chargers and it hasn't made a difference, also to note is currently my phone is charging rapidly (fast charging) but if I flip the type c cable over (doesnt make a difference on my roommates note 9) it goes and stays at the normal slow "cable charging" is there anything more I can try to resolve this or am I stuck having to claim warranty? I have a spare phone thankfully but I really dont wanna send my s10+ in if I dont have to, any advice is helpful and appreciated, also I've never gotten the cord or the phone wet even though its "water resistant", thanks for all the help
0 Likes
10 Comments
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I had a similar issue and it was because of the cable. Now works fine with the new cable.
0 Likes
arslene
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
i have an s9 with the same issue.
i tried to change the cable and charger but nothing. also it works perfectly fine with the s9 of my friend
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
thanks shaggy, by my roommates note 9 I meant with my charging cords and wall blocks hers would always fast charge with no issue, I can't seem to find anything in the phones charging port and the cord is still clean as well, have tried other outlets and power bars throughout the house but no luck, I'll have to try the diagnostic
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
so I tried to see what the diagnostic would tell me but all it tells me is charge port is working becuase my phones charging right away when I plug it in but it didnt want to fast charge,, just slow charge
0 Likes
arslene
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
i tried every thing and nothing..
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
same
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Did you try toggling fast charging on/off?
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I did
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Different cables?
0 Likes