Original topic:

s10/s10 plus glitches

(Topic created on: 07-16-2019 05:19 AM)
andrevongildingo
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Ive been having multiple glitches on my phone recently, 

having to restart my phone so that i can refresh the email app and get an email, 

Phantom vibrations,

And some weird UI studders,

These glitches have been happening mostly in Samsung's specific apps.

Also note that i keep my phone clean and have a good phone security service.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy S
Start with Wiping Cache in Recovery:

How to Boot into Recovery - Power OFF your device - Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three buttons - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache - Select with the Power button - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu defaults back to Reboot now - Select with the Power button - Wait until the phone finishes to Reboot 🐧

If you're still having issues - Backup your device with Smart Switch - Follow the steps above on How to Boot into Recovery - But instead of Wiping Cache - Select Factory Reset 😉
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
No point, the phone already wipes the cache for you after an update anyway.
0 Likes
mike8834
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
the same for me on the S9 Plus
0 Likes
Galaxy S
wiping the cache worked pretty well
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I feel like its just some kinks in the new 1UI, i guess thats pretty normal.
Galaxy S
I ALWAYS - Boot into Recovery after EVERY OTA & Wipe Cache @mike8834 🐧
Galaxy S
@Yoshisaur9 - There is definitely a "point" in manually Booting into Recovery & Wiping Cache - Scripts used are not foolproof & we know this when Flashing Custom Roms - Then there's the issue of Samsung's developers who have released OTAs that had errors designed in to begin with - ie: The recent S9 series OTA with the "Settings has Stopped" issue... Scripts are NOT infallible & do Fail to work properly 😉🐧
0 Likes
antoine
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
.m. .
0 Likes