Original topic:

s7 wifi issues after andorid N update

(Topic created on: 05-11-2017 08:17 PM)
izu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I posted about this earlier, but my wifi keeps randomly loosing internet connection for short periods of time. I get an exclamation mark on wifi symbol on status bar. this issue started after the new update. it is not effecting my galaxy tab or older LG g3. I've been resorting to use the LG g3 for most of my wifi usage. I got the former Samsung flagship expecting no errors or maybe even an update to fix it. it's been over a month.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Tofu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Swipe from top down to bring up the notifications shade -> press the gear -> wifi -> more -> smart network switch-> off. Newer android phones are set to aggressively switch to mobile data by if the wifi is not reliable, or if signal strength is weak.
0 Likes
izu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
my smart switch is default to off
0 Likes
A11
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Maybe it's an Hardware issue? If it's in warranty ask Samsung support they will fix it.
0 Likes
Arkdom
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It was the upgrade that was the issue. Many users including myself have wifi connection difficulties since upgrade. Smart network switching is off.
0 Likes
soupers
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeup. upgrade issue… I factory restarted my phone and it was fine until it updated. back to wifi dropping… hope there's a fix soon. at this point I'm really considering switching to iPhone
0 Likes
izu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm switching to LG. next phone is gonna be g6
0 Likes