Original topic:

s8 becomes annoying and pain in arsh

(Topic created on: 11-19-2017 05:52 PM)
NotAgain
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
essentially this post is a rant how s8 became an outdated, absolute and simply annoying over the last 6 month. in this time I noticed drastic decrease in battery ability to hold charge( and I'm not power user) to hell I don't evenly watch video on the device and barely survive a day. screen take 1% in between 5 to 7 minutes on inet browsing at 45% brightness. I am more than sure that Samsung did screw up the battery usage in last updates.
this auto smart brightness is just the most idiotic idea and implementation I ever saw on any devices over last decade. I am not too sure, but for some reason my colour reproduction got messed up completely if not to use blue light filter, there is no white, it is cold white, number of other colours either to vibrant or simply over saturated. Bixby launch system, aka when you press the button, takes 3 to 7 seconds to open the app and voice recognition is bad, it took me 2 minutes to start an audible. constant notification from Samsung store that I can download new theme (honestly I do know it, I own a phone since release). Samsung community, well some responses I get from team are just jokes and 1st grader can write them. camera app is dead and not used to full potential.

THUS SAID

I do like the finger print sensor got better with recognition. theme store is constantly growing.

also, who's idea was to put Bixby button under volume, taking a screen shot in dark is madness sometimes.

well this is my 2 cents on this device
0 Likes
4 Comments
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Well first things first, to fix battery you should try Clearing the Cache Partition through the Recovery Mode in the phone. That should help with a lot of problems because it's basically outdated data that is stored between updates and so it'll be a drain on the battery and speed of your device.

For Smart Brightness go to Display - Select Auto Brightness and there is a setting to "Reset Usage Pattern" and while you're in the display menu check your settings for both Screen Mode and Check to make sure your resolution is set to FHD+ at least.

Bixby is still new so it'll have it's hiccups, never known mine to start delayed though, you could try clearing cache for all Bixby related services to reset it, you can also go into Bixby settings and there will be an "Advanced Voice Recognition" section, select that and retrain your voice model.

Lastly, to deal with Samsung Notifications from the store (which I've never gotten) you can go to Settings - Notifications and then turn off Samsung Themes or open up Themes area, hit the 3 dots, go to Settings and then turn toggle off whatever you don't want (In your case Phone case Themes Notifications).

I personally like the camera app but if you wish you can always download Google Camera and use it's interface cause I've heard it's pretty stellar.

Hopefully that all helps but let me know, it's all about just exploring your device, usually a setting for everything😊
sp4249
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Do a factory reset for batt drain. just do back up first. worked for me
NotAgain
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have dev options on, so most of this I do have already. the case with store notification, I don't need it to be pushed every week, but turn off notifications 8s not a fix, it is a band aid, whereas camera app it is not the app it self, rather that they don't expand it, there is still so much black area for shutter. I have full resolution on always since only reason to get a 2k screen. I'll try cleaning coach or factory recovery for battery, but it is less than year old so kind of early for that.
0 Likes
Flyingfiddle
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Well I recently did a factory reset and installed all apps from scratch. It became butter smooth after that and it has been a month. It shouldn't need reset to be butter smooth but it could also be me install/uninstalling plenty of apps. I get 4-4.5 hrs SOT so usually a few day usage, not as great as I had expected, or heard of other's achieving, but passable. I do think that has sth to do with my cell signal in the area being not great.

Complain aside, if this is your only phone, and you are not getting rid of it and buying a shiny new phone, doing factory reset may just fix your problem Much better than suffering it you know. .Good luck!
0 Likes