Original topic:

samsung account NOT secure. easy to transfer ownership!!

(Topic created on: 03-24-2020 04:58 AM)
doobydude
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung is great except for their lack of security for your account when phoning in. My ex-Fiance did this to me. And I had to do this to get my account back. But it's so easy for someone to take over your samsung account.Al they need to m know is your birthdate, name and email, and then they can get ALL your Samsung account details transferred over to a new email address. Not secure at all!!
14 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
**bleep** Fa ke is censored. Nothing surprises me anymore.

SIM Swapping is scarily easy to commit though. Any script kiddie can convert to this kind of fraud. And there's also the matter that SMS are unencrypted which means anyone with illegal sniffing hardware can make MIM attacks and steal the security codes.

Yes I know how it sounds but that's just as likely as someone guessing your password, that is if it's not 123456

Though all this talk is useless. If USA can mandate backdoors in all encryption systems, all our data is open to be stealed and 10000 factor authentication won't save you. By that I mean that as soon as the backdoor is discovered and shared by hackers, we're doomed. And yes those backdoors get found and shared quickly
doobydude
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
my ex fiance has her ex that is able to clone phone, and do sim swapping. how do I prevent man in the middle and sim swapping? is there a point in putting a sim password on the sim card? or would that make me have to enter a passcode everytime I want to make a call to send a text message?

also, how can I tell if my phone has been cloned? or sim swapped? I just recently paid for nord VPN now.
0 Likes
doobydude
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I never shared any of my passwords. I want to get that google usb lock. you need a password and that physical key put into either your phone or computer. anything that you use to access your google account. making it the most secure password out there.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If you are really concerned about the privacy of your Calls & Texts - Have a look at Signal on the Play Store - You can also just Google Search for "Encrypt Calls & Texts Android" & you'll see that Signal seems to be the highest rated for Call & Text encryption - You could also have a look at Proton Encrypted Email..

Have a look at the link below for information on how to tell if your device has been H-A-C-K-E-D

https://www.certosoftware.com/9-ways-to-tell-if-your-android-phone-is-hacked/
Drskqc
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

the loser hater is here. tell him to stop fudging me

0 Likes