Original topic:

samsung keyboard auto correct.

(Topic created on: 05-14-2019 05:29 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I am just wondering does anybody else find themselves always correcting the "auto correct" on the Samsung keyboard? Because I find the word prediction and the auto spacing is not very good. I just happened to notice that I am constantly correcting words and sentence structures a lot more using the Samsung keyboard than I do with the G-board. I was trying Google G-board a few weeks ago and the word prediction is so much better than the Samsung one. I especially noticed this  when i switched back to the Samsung keyboard.
0 Likes
4 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
for instance I'm not trying to pick on Samsung keyboard here but I'm just saying that I just did 4 lengthy dictation text messages to my wife and I have had to make maybe three corrections using G-board. if I were to do those same text messages (and I have done this in the past) using the Samsung keyboard with the dictation I probably would have had to make about 10 or 12 corrections, that's not even an exaggeration so Samsung can you please make the Samsung keyboard better with dictation and word predictions and sentence structures please.
Galaxy S
Does the Samsung keyboard use your typing style from other apps - ie: You can allow SwiftKey to "learn" from your Gmail - Texts etc & you can also get SwiftKey to "forget" incorrect words....Yeah there's going to be some (lots) people who are concerned about privacy - But if you want the tech to work for you...
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
that's kinda kinda neat, may give it a try some time.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
also something that I should mention is when doing the dictation to the Google keyboard you don't have to sound nearly as robotic as you do with the Samsung keyboard. just another point of hopeful improvement in the future update for the Samsung keyboard.
0 Likes