Original topic:

samsung refusing to replace falty earbuds

(Topic created on: 06-27-2017 02:16 PM)
sentone
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My AKG earbuds started to present some problems one month after I purchased my Galaxy s8. The left side volume is considerably lower than the right side, it's like 10% of its capacity.. the right side is normal

I made tests on my PC and with a friend's phone but the problem still persist. this is my only earbud so I kept using even with the right side properly working. For obvious reasons my right ear is starting to ache.

the Virgin Mobile store at Eaton centre refused to replace the earbud, the Samsung store at Yorkdale Mall (the only store in Toronto) refused to replace the earphone, the Samsung webchat told me to go to the Virgin Mobile store, the Virgin Mobile told me to go to the Samsung Store.

When I call Samsung call center they state that they don't know what do to. The samsung representative here in the community told me to go back to where I purchased or look for a samsung store in Toronto.

As an alternative the customer service representative at Samsung Store (Yorkdale Mall) told me to go to another city where I could TRY to replace, more than 150km away.

DONT BUY THIS PHONE, it's accessories are falty, the phone has lots of problems, the customer service is ridiculous. I'll never buy from Samsung again.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
it sounds as if you have a very valid point....
All I can say is the phone is still good right???
If I am honest I do believe that Samsung needs to seriously look at their customer service as it does leave a lot to be desired..

0 Likes
sentone
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
it is really annoying and frustrating to have what is supposed to be a top notch earbuds with one side lower than the other. in less than a month. and no side wants to replace it... last year I got an iPhone 6, brand new, with a problem on the earbuds volume control, apple replace them in 5 minutes at their store..

while I was at ssung store, another customer with a s7 which was purchased in US had a problem.with the battery, the store refused to service the phone because it was from US.. she told to the customer service representative that she should have bought an iPhone and the person agreed.. like WTf even Samsung employees agrees that their own services sucks...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have to agree, the customer service at the Samsung stores or even online is not the best....apple does a better job at this. Samsung does need to work on this. I would even think creating a new post as a "suggestion" and have it for towards Samsung Customer Service. Hopefully they notch this up a bit. I mean for an issue like this where the AKG headphones only came with the Samsung Galaxy S8 which has been released for less than 6 months. And if one is having issues, why would they just not replace them?
doesnt make sense..
0 Likes
NotAgain
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I ll put it here again. go Samsung store tell them that earbuds under warranty in Canada, if they don't want to replace place a call with to Samsung Canada. if after call they refuse, tell them you returning defective product and require full refund. have your check. basically, Samsung store can't refuse a warranty claim. since they are official store. btw what you guys funding in this POS earbuds? they are uncomfortable, poor sound and overall cost 5 bucks. buy yourself a pair of Bose qc20. I mean 8 know it cost 300 Canadian pesos more, but build quality, comfort and durability is of the chart
0 Likes
NotAgain
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
omg I just realized, you still have them... jeez man, I am so sorry to hear that. I would push at this point for a full refund. on side note I'm curious if someone setting up a tort already against Samsung for shitty earbuds
0 Likes
NotAgain
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I mean I only got this phone since it was an only option since my v10 crapped out on me, I was waiting for v30 or p10. but at this point it is a 1300 dollars audible GPS and viber for me. I do have some what lower expectations, as long as this crap don't lag too much and work more or less stable I'm okay
0 Likes
Galaxy S
BTW, there's a Samsung Experience Store at Sherway Gardens at 25 The West Mall, Etobicoke, which is about 15-20 minutes from Yorkdale Mall.
0 Likes
sentone
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
still too far away. I live in Scarborough, with no car. I was told to go to Mississauga as well.
0 Likes