Original topic:

samsung s10+ fingerprint sensor

(Topic created on: 11-17-2019 10:22 PM)
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hey samsung! I'm just curious as too yours and everyone else's thoughts on this: what is or was the point in have an in-display fingerprint scanner and updates to improve it if I cant even f-ing use it 90% of the time to unlock my phone becuase it doesnt allow me, it forces me to enter my password as if my phone had just been restarted (which it hadnt) and when it does work it works great and just fine, just annoying asf that most of the time I go to unlock my phone and find I cant use the fingerprint sensor, why is this? I'm sure lots of you have had this problem, is there a fix for it? Currently running latest update that rolled out to my device that was supposed to fix some bugs with it and improve it but I see no improvements, let me know
0 Likes
8 Comments
heartRobber47
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
are you using any screen protector if yes. go to display you will find a sensitive touch option enable it . If you don't have a screen protector on it just go add new fingerprint remember place the finger in a way you use normally while unlocking a phone make the angle of your thumb from the right side not from the center just because its handy . Hope it will work.🤗
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
thanks for the reply and suggestion, I dont have a screen protector on the phone and I've registered my finger print 5 times all different ways each time but my problem is 90% of the time from my lock screen I dont even have the option to use my fingerprint to unlock my phone, only password
heartRobber47
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
what about face lock?
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have that enabled as well but it does the same thing for some reason but only when the fingerprint doesnt show up then the face unlock doesnt activate either, is it my phone is just defective or is this a software thing like I'm thinking?
0 Likes
wackdonald
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
for me the working rate is around 70%. I realised that fingerprint on the back are way better than this gimmick. It needs to be at least as better as the one plus. but I don't care about security so I just the face unlock
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I notice that face unlock is faster then the fingerprint but I have to agree that if it's going to work and work well, it should be up to par with oneplus
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have to agree, and I've done the removable of all fingerprints and re-added them since the update but I still cant use it most of the time from my lock screen and I dont understand why, it's not that it doesnt register my fps, it's that the scanner itself acts as if its non existant
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I've got no issues unlocking my device when the fp works but my point of this post is that 90% of the time for me if my screens off or brought to my lock screen the fp scanner acts as if it was never set up and therefore cant be used, and in doing so it also seems to disable the face unlock unless I leave my phone to sit a bit or restart it, then after entering my password to unlock the phone it works again
0 Likes