Original topic:

samsung software support in the Future

(Topic created on: 10-30-2019 10:10 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So I was watching is YouTube video comparing the iPhone 11 Pro to the Galaxy S10. I think most people here in the members app would agree that the Samsung phones are a better value for price point, but you can't ignore the fact that apple is far superior in software support. It's no secret that we are at a plateau for devices and Really there's not that many differences between all the competition any more like  it was years ago. I think We are starting to see now that device support is going to be a big deciding factor also probably more so in the future. for me personally I am starting to feel that device support going forward will play a big deciding factor for me In the future. Samsung I think really needs to start stepping up their game in the device support Field for their devices, to be longer in the future to better compete with Apple. 
11 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Apple is far superior in software support and their applications are better than Google or Samsung's applications, more solid and more friendly user. This is the biggest disadvantage of buying Android products.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Thing is that Apple is essentially supporting one device - I lost count of the number of devices that Samsung has - Apple seems to want to appeal to a specific type of customer - Samsung seems to want to be all things to all people - "flagship" devices to "budget" devices.... 🐧
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
apple doesn't do anything innovative to need to upgrade to future devices, where I know Android devices will be a big upgrade in 2 generations
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
your right but my main point in my post is I think at some point in the future samsung will likely have their hand forced to compete with the trend of software support for more then 2 upgrades and 2 years of security patches.
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Actually Apple is going to be switching to the way Samsung does its device support. Its falling sales has forced its hand into no longer supporting legacy devices.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Translation don't seem the same grrr

@ Shaggyskunk1, what I mean is that Samsung must have just like Apple basic applications that apply to all their phones or tablets whatever the quality of the device.

On all my Samsung devices I can not use the same word processor, the same application for my Notes, nor the same calendar etc etc which is completely ridiculous.

So I would like Samsung to have its own basic applications and I would like them to be developed and updated on any device and that we can use it as long as we have Samsung devices . Now i have different applications to resolve this problem and it's a pain in the ***

As for camera-like applications I understand that the application of a basic device is different from that of a Note 10+ product ...

@Shaggyskunk1,  ce que je veux dire c'est que Samsung doit avoir tout comme Apple des applications de base  qui s'appliquent à tous leurs téléphones ou tablettes quelque soit la qualité de l'appareil.

Sur tous mes périphériques Samsung je je peux pas utiliser le même traitement de texte, la même application pour mes Notes , ni non plus le même calendrier etc etc ce qui est complètement ridicule. Maintenant, j'ai différentes applications pour résoudre ce problème et c'est une douleur dans le ***

J'aimerais donc que Samsung aie ses propres applications de base et j'aimerais qu'elles soient développées et mises à jour quelque soit l'appareil et qu'on puisse s'en servir tant et aussi longtemps qu'on possède des appareils Samsung.

En ce qui concerne les applications genre appareil photo je comprends que l'application d'un appareil de base soit différente de celle d'un produit phare...

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Tbone @Shaggyskunk1

Hope the  Google Translation will be ok in english :

@Tbone @ Shaggyskunk1

As I explained below, it would be to the advantage of Samsung to design its own applications to allow all phones or tablets to use only their products.

Take for example a word processor: On my different devices I can use Microsoft Word and on others I can not because of the size of the screen, so I would have preferred that my tablet Tab S4 does not 10.5 inches because I should pay to use Words on this tablet what I refuse to do since it would cost me a fortune for some documents only.

Samsung had installed an application called WORD from their Galaxy Store and this application allowed me to open and / or modify all .PDF files that does not allow Google Docs. I would like this application to become an integral part of Samsung's apps because it allows you to do all that Microsoft Office allows without costing anything so 9/10 because the only flaw is that the app does not automatically save the document to every X minutes. We would have an OFFICE application

YOUTUBE, Samsung Internet allowed up to version 8.20 to see videos in a floating window and to DOWNLOAD any video. It would be good for Samsung to create a similar application and I'm sure all Samsung users would put their videos there. It is time, in my opinion, that a multi-billion dollar company starts to break away from her GOOGLE MOM and starts to stand on her own except for the operation system than should stay American.

The best thing that has happened to Huawei has been to EJECT from Google because of President STROUMPH because finally they are no longer reduced to the slavery of the dominating Google leaders and they can FINALLY create their own applications without MOM does not force them to withdraw from the market such or such innovations.

I think Samsung now has every interest in stopping Mum and can trust their users to follow them as long as it respects our right to speak and I also think Samsung can do as well as Apple with ITS OWN APPLICATIONS.

GOOD, I stop because my fingers hurt

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Comme je l'ai expliqué plus bas, il serait à l'avantage de Samsung de concevoir ses propres applications afin de permettre à tous téléphones ou tablettes de n'utiliser que LEURS produits.

Prenons en exemple un traitement de texte : Sur mes différents périphériques je peux utiliser Microsoft Word et sur d'autres je ne peux pas à cause de la taille de l'écran, j'aurais donc préféré que ma tablette Tab S4 ne fasse pas 10.5 pouces car je dois  payé pour utiliser Microsoft Word sur cette tablette ce que je refuse de faire puisque ça me coûterait une fortune pour quelques documents seulement.

Samsung avait donc installé une application s'appelant WORD venant de leur Galaxy Store et cette application me permettait d'ouvrir et/ou de modifier tous les fichiers .PDF ce que ne permet pas Google Documents. Je souhaiterais donc que cette application devienne partie intégrante des applis de Samsung car elle permet de faire tout ce que Microsoft Office permet sans que ça coûte rien donc 9/10 car le seul défaut est que l'appli n'enregistre pas automatiquement le document à chaque X minutes. Nous aurions donc une application SAMSUNG OFFICE

YOUTUBE , Samsung Internet permettait jusqu'à la version 8.20 de voir les vidéos dans une fenêtre flottante et de pouvoir TÉLÉCHARGER n'importe quel vidéo. Il serait temps pour Samsung de créer une application semblable et je suis certain que tous les utilisteurs de Samsung y mettraient leurs vidéos. Il est temps à mon avis qu'une Compagnie multi-billionnaire commence à se détacher de SA MAMAN GOOGLE et commenc à voler de ses propres ailes sauf en ce qui concerne le système d'opération.

La meilleure chose qu'il soit arrivé à Huawei a été de se faire ÉJECTER de Google à cause du président STROUMPH car enfin ils ne sont plus réduits à l'esclavage dominateur des dirigeants de Google et à leurs exigences et ils peuvent ENFIN créer leurs propres applications sans que MAMAN ne les oblige à retirer du marché telles ou telles innovations.

Je pense que Samsung a maintenant tous intérets à arrêter de têter Maman et qu'ils peuvent faire confiance à leurs usagers pour les suivre en autant qu'il respecte notre droit de paroles et je pense aussi que Samsung peut faire aussi mieux  qu'Apple avec SES PROPRES APPLICATIONS. 

BON, j'arrête car j'ai mal aux doigts 

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
yeah I think it's kind of crazy that Samsung tries to copy Apple and Google on pretty well every single thing and service that they do. Samsung in my mind is more of a hardware company rather than a software company. Samsung's efforts to try be both has been.....well.... you should all know by now. I.E Bixby, Bixby has had a very crapy and slow start with really poor User experience and feed back. fast forward to 2 + years later And it's still not very good. bixby it can do some cool things (I.E Bixby routines) but is bixby really useful yet?.......not really. Perhaps someday a few years down the road and might be decent.
0 Likes