Original topic:

sending a video msg in high quality

(Topic created on: 05-08-2017 06:15 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
please samsung fix this issue with an update. I would really like to have the option with the text msg app when i'm sending a video msg to be able choose what quality my videos get sent in. instead of the video being sent in a horrible video quality that you can barely make out the content, or resorting to having to use a 3rd party app.
0 Likes
6 Comments
tfarooqi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
That's not really a samsung fixable issue, if your talking about sending an mms to someone the quality is limited due to cellular network limitations.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm thinking it is, because my wife and I share a smart phone plan and she has an iPhone 6 and she doesn't have this issue even with out I message. also using that same plan and same phone using a third party app I can send videos with out them being compressed. this only happens when I use the default samsung text message app. so I think samsung can do something about this issue.
0 Likes
tfarooqi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
So you may be correct but I think iPhones when sending mms use data and not the mms. By other apps are you referring to whatsapp style of apps or texting 3rd party? Also there's a limit I think set my carrier, 300kb in most cases.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
yes I understand what your saying, and yes I'm talking about apps like whatsapp and FB messager. I'm just hoping that samsung being the kind of company that they are that they can find some way to address and issue like this with out having their customers resorting to 3rd party apps.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I guess I didn't realise how spoiled I was with the iPhone messaging app I use to use. don't get me wrong people I Absolutely love my s7 edge, but this is kinda of a pain in the butt but I am learning to live with it. I just hope that maybe in a later update samsung may possibly have some way to make the default messaging app a little better that's all.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
this is based on carrier, just use facebook or whatsapp
0 Likes