Original topic:

talk to text!!

(Topic created on: 03-27-2020 08:04 AM)
DES2108
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I don't know if anyone else out there is experience this trouble. I hope not because it is extremely frustrating in a huge waste of time when it's supposed to help save time. I find the talk to text function on my S9 it's so brutal that I have decided that once I am done my current contract if you will I am switching from Samsung. I have been with  them for years but I rely on the talk-to-text as I am not a very good at texting with my fingers on the keyboard. I have tried repeatedly to get in touch with someone at Samsung customer service but to no avail. Like a lot of the companies They Don't Really Care at the end of the day it's just lip service.

6 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi DES2108, have you tried google talk to text? It works pretty good thou.

In case you are interest to try:
Open Settings→ General Management→ Language and input→ On screen keyboard→ manage keyboard

Turn on google voice typing

Next, Settings→ Apps→ click 3 dots→ show system apps→ Samsung voice input. Disable it.

Now, click the mic on keyboard, Google talk to text will work.
DES2108
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
thank you for taking the time to give me such detailed instructions. Unfortunately I'm in my mid-50s and I'm not up to date on all the technology that's available these days. I just focus on basic functions talking texting emailing banking. excetera. thank you
0 Likes
kemptownchic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes.. Just click on the microphone button on the keyboard.. Works great I use it all the time
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
If your not happy with the in stock talk to text then for sure try the Google's talk to text also like every AI app the device has to get to know your voice and punctuation it's not going to work the 1st time untill it learns your speck pattern.

And if this is your reason for leaving Samsung then good luck in the future..
0 Likes
DES2108
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I appreciate your advice and thank you. However I have been doing the talk-to-text for over a year now with this particular phone and I'm still running into the same or similar problems. I am going to try the Google Talk that has been suggested by yourself and other members. Again thank you very much
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy S

@DES2108,

I suggest you to clear cache and data for Samsung talk-to-text and check.

Open settings >> apps >> Samsung text-to speech engine >> storage >> Clear cache & Clear data.

However, you can also try Google talk to text as suggested by @Tallman.