Original topic:

weird apps on galaxy s10

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 05:59 AM)
doobydude
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S

Here is a list of all my apps. On my phone. I dont know why I have 3 listed phone apps and there is a bunch of apps I dont know what they do. Anyone know if any of these apps are harmful in any way??
14 Comments
Galaxy S
If the apps were preinstalled by Samsung then they aren't going to be harmful - If you downloaded a bunch of apps from another source - Then you should always be cautious & know what you are installing - FYI it's difficult to see what you have installed from the images you posted 🐧
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I can tell even through the blurred images they've selected to see system apps. Probably has no idea what they're for since they just have file/extension names.
doobydude
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
yeah you have to zoom in to view them. I did that screenshot where it automatically screenshots and then scrolls down and takes another one. I dont know why my phone has for example 3 "phone" apps. my ex fiance had taken my phone and not sure what all is supposed to be there and what isn't. there are a few questionable apps. I'll see if I can get better pictures of the major ones i have in question.
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You've selected to see all system apps. The phone app will have file extensions which perform certain tasks.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
The three Phone apps are normal. One is the dialer, one is the phone UI config and one is the call function.

If you think you have spyware, check in Device Administrators.
Galaxy S
Well it IS normal to have 3 phone apps in the system - You have to remember that the naming of system apps isn't what you would necessarily think of - 3 phone apps doesn't act mean that you have 3 phones - It could include your Contacts as well as different phone services - But as I said - System apps from Samsung are completely safe 🐧
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
99% of these are normal.. You know spyware made by Samsung and Google... Haha... Some are also core os stuff.
0 Likes
doobydude
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
what's the 1%? that isn't lol
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Whatever you install haha.
0 Likes