Original topic:

wifi

(Topic created on: 05-23-2020 09:45 PM)
Benji2020
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone know why wifi in s20 ultra goes off, automatically? And how to fix it? 
0 Likes
23 Comments
Galaxy S
Install Smart Switch from the Play Store - Open it - Click on the image of the sd card - Top Right - Click on Backup - Click on "All" & depending on how much data you have to backup - It will take anywhere from 3 or 4 minutes to 20 minutes or so to backup your device - Just wait until you see that it's completed.
To Restore your device:
After the Factory Reset - Your device will Boot to the "Welcome Screen" - Sign into your Google & Samsung Accounts - DON'T Restore from the onscreen Prompts you see - Open the Play Store & Install Smart Switch (if it's not already there) Open it & Click on the Restore button - It will restore the apps & and then continue to run in the Background until complete - You can see the progress in the Notification Pull Down Panel.

⚠️NOTE⚠️ Make sure that you have enough space on the external sd card - Before you start the Backup to Smart Switch on your phone - If you don't - it won't break anything - But the Backup will fail.

You can check the available space using a File Browser - ie: My Files - Root Explorer - MiXplorer - etc.

SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I think the problem is in the phone. my phone would turn off wifi when no known wifi service is in range which is good and secure. Now wifi remains on all the time even though no wifi is available. I have "turn on wifi a automatically" enabled
0 Likes
Benji2020
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
my wifi is still automatically turn on, and still doesn't connect.
this is S20 and I'm experiencing phone malfunctioning. that's great!!!!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

That's a great help from you Shaggyskunk1 and SamSungtwo.

Hi Benji2020,

Did you perform the factory reset on your device as suggested by Shaggyskunk1?

0 Likes