Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

will custom message tones ever return

(Topic created on: 02-14-2020 11:47 AM)
ntgcrochets
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Im sure all who use custom message tones have been waiting forever to return in our contacts. I personally do not want the option they gave us "per conversation" custom tones. I do not keep any conversations plugging up my phone space and even if I did set it the minute I delete the conversation it immediately goes back to default setting. My question is why would such a useful setting ever be taken away in the first place? I like using stock messaging app but had stopped using it for textra so I knew who was texting me however sadly started noticing I wasn't getting all my messages and had to go back to stock. But hate that every text that comes in is the same generic sound because I can't change it. Samsung my question is why, why did you feel this should be removed? And why haven't you listened to the shout outs from the samsung community begging for its return? Why are you not telling us the reasons for removing a function everyone loved having? I know I am just one voice in a million but there are a million voices echoing behind me asking the same thing. Why and when will you bring back the original function to custom text tones per contact and NOT conversation. 
3 Comments
Galaxy S

Custom message tones have been back for awhile, in the passed you would choose the notification you wanted for a person in contacts, but now instead it's done in the messaging app (stock Samsung messages), even if you delete the conversation, the notification you selected for that person doesn't revert back to the default notification. When you're in the conversation follow the steps in my screenshots, you'll be setting a notification for the contact, not the conversation.

0 Likes
Solution
ntgcrochets
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i have done that and it deletes and goes back to default. image shows original set as default, second image setting a sound. 3rd (bottom pic) shows that after I had deleted the message from my stock app and go to text the person again it goes right back to default.
0 Likes
ntgcrochets
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
for some reason I saw another comment come in but cannot find it to read it
0 Likes