Original topic:

work profile?

(Topic created on: 02-19-2020 05:32 AM)
CurvyChaos
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Can someone please help me figure out how to get access to and set up my work profile on an s10+? I'm so lost. Thank you. 
10 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Not sure what you mean by work profile?
Usually if it's a work phone the I.T department will set it up for you 🤷‍♂️
Are you just looking to get into your email?
CurvyChaos
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
no apparently there are 2 user profiles on samsung phones. one is setup for work apps etc and the personal for other stuff.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
The work profile is your Secure Folder. Unless otherwise configured by your IT department at work, if applicable.
Galaxy S
Yeah, that's Samsung Knox. Just like what CHMultimedia said, talk to your IT department at work. 😄😄😄
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

Your company's IT department will set you up if possible.   If your company has done security assessments with your device and approve the usage with your company's mobile device management, they will be able to send you an activation code for you to enable your workspace.   Note that if they've implemented certain policies, they will apply to your phone and may limit some usage.   For example,  my MDM has policies that disables the USB Debugging Mode, and also transferring files using USB.    So if you're using your personal phone, know what policies will be pushed to your device, as you may be adversely affected by it.

CurvyChaos
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thank you guys
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Check back and let us know what you figure out?
Galaxy S
Hopefully its resolved, eh!
Gn All.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
okay how can I keep my work outta my phone if I have to use it ? put everything I secure folder ? blackberry had the best layout... literally swipe and touch
0 Likes