Original topic:

Annoying Touchscreen Lock whike in game feature.

(Topic created on: 01-31-2019 05:08 AM)
BorkingKitty
Beginner Level 3
Options
Gaming Hub
Game activates Touchscreen Lock automatically while in game. I have been playing Minecraft with a Bluetooth controller, and after about 5 minutes the screen automatically locks, find the screen and a message pops up saying "Swipe to unlock". I don't understand why. The game also doesn't pause while this happens, so any progress could be lost. I don't have that feature activated. I don't know how to deactivate it. No matter if I turn on the phone "Always on Display" feature, or get rid of Lock screen patterns, nothing seems to solve it. It messes my gameplay and it's very annoying. Can anyone please help?
5 Comments
MoistPicklez
Active Level 3
Gaming Hub
I am also looking for the solution to this it's very annoying indeed. Happens on more then a few games and gets my kids all grumpy lol.
BorkingKitty
Beginner Level 3
Gaming Hub
Hopefully Samsung will bring a fix. I recommend reporting it as an error through the Contact option on the Game Launcher
cmdacos
Active Level 6
Gaming Hub
if you're using game launcher and game tools which I assume you are, while in the game, access the game tools menu by clicking the game tools button on the bottom left, then go into the additional features and you will see an option to turn off screen lock. 51bd5a77-2585-4424-9e12-16a7406e03e0.jpg
0 Likes
moboots
Active Level 1
Gaming Hub
ummm.... isn't always on display ur clock screensavers when ur phones off?😂 I think maybe the screen time out in the display settings will help
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Gaming Hub
Hey @BorkingKitty,

I believe the screen lock feature was implemented to prevent screen burn-in when gaming—I don't think there's currently a workaround for this (besides what @cmdacos suggested), but I'll report this as a requested feature! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers,
Sabrina
0 Likes