Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung fridge temperature sensor/ cooling fan problem

(Topic created on: 06-05-2019 10:00 AM)
Benner
Beginner Level 2
Options
Other

My Samsung fridge RF26J7500SR//AA is three years old (June 2015) and it cost 2299 plus tax. Recently the cooling fan began making alot of noise and then stopped. We thought maybe it had fixed itself but then we saw the fridge was only cooling to about 10 degrees. As the fridge only had a 1 year warranty we called a repairman (cost $370) who had to take apart the whole rear of the fridge to defrost it and replace the temp sensor. The ice causes the fan to freeze up. He advised this is a common problem with Samsungs. Fridge was working fine for about 2 weeks and is now making the same noise.  A quick google search online and it seems to be a common problem with Samsung fridges. I attempted to speak with someone on Samsung chat and was dealing with “Mike.”  Obviously I did not get much help as you can see below. “Mike” closed the chat immediately after his last comment.

Mike:

I'll check if there are any reported issues in our internal resources.

Ben: Ok
Mike:

I have checked my internal resources and see that there are no reported issues on your model number.

Mike:

Is there any damage to the door seal of the Fridge?

Ben: Query it on google
Ben: No, some of the forums say they raised the front and it fixed the problem for some
Mike:

Please share the links. We'll check for the details.

Ben: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/FRIDGE-NOT-COOLING/td-p/29339
Ben: You really only have to type samsung temperature sensor and you get tons of hits
Mike:

The links you have shared is US Samsung link.

There are no reported issues on the Samsung Canada.

Ben: Ok, so they are both samsung fridges with the same problems, but thats a usa link so that doesnnt matter?
Mike:

I have double checked my internal resources and see that there are no reported issues in Samsung Canada.

I'd have definitely helped you if there is an alternate option available

8 Comments
Solution
Options
Other

Hey @Benner,

I'm sorry to hear that your Live Chat experience was less-than-stellar... I'd love to get you in touch with our service team so that we can get your fridge issue sorted out!

Could I please ask that you privately message me your contact details (name, phone number, email) so that I can pass them on? If you log onto the web community (www.r1.community.samsung.com), there's a little mail icon in the top right corner of the screen. Click that, and then click "New Message" also in the top right corner.

In the "Send To" box, fill in "Community_Moderator" to send the message to me, and then you can enter your content! 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

Benner
Beginner Level 2
Other

Id like to update with my offered resolution from Samsung. After speaking with four different persons and finally getting escalated to the highest executive service centre, a secret email at sdr.seca@samsung.com, I was advised “we are sorry, but as your one year manufacturer warranty is up, there is nothing we can offer and your case has been closed. They simply referred me to an approved service centre which I would be paying out of pocket for.  After filling my new home with all Samsung products for thousands of dollars, I am kicked to the curb after only three years and my 2300 dollar fridge is not functioning properly. To anyone thinking of buying Samsung appliances, please think twice. The customer service experience has been horrible and they do not stand behind their products. Certainly do not purchase a fridge. Simply plug Samsung fridge problems or customer support into a search each and see what comes up.

tedgibson
Beginner Level 2
Other

Good advice!  Doesnt seem to be a good fix available.  i had a tech guy come by yesterday and for $80 bucks and maybe ten minutes of his time, tell me that for $280 plus parts and taxes he would work on it! That's all I got for the 80 bucks - just a quote. Based on many posts, and the lawsuit, I am doubtful that the service guy would even solve the problem.   Should I waste $400 to $500 bucks on a possible solution on a 4 year old fridge that is maybe worth a grand now? 

I was hoping I could replace some parts myself, like a temp sensor and defrost assembly, to fix the problem - maybe??

Sounds like contacting Samsung directly is a waste of time.   Thanks for the post.  

SamsungHomeUser
Beginner Level 2
Other

This too is my story with my Samsung refrigerator. How can Samsung think they can get away with this and drown the complaints of customers who innocently bought an appliance for long term use, but instead have to deal with this issue year 2/3 of purchase. 

It does't take much to find  thousands of same complains on google. In fact the service person that they use told me he gets these calls all the time. Unacceptable!

I will go to great lengths on social media platforms to make sure this goes global.    

landm
Active Level 1
Other

See my response to Benner and my post. 

0 Likes
AmandaScott84
Beginner Level 2
Other
I too am having the exact same prob and also in Canada
0 Likes
landm
Active Level 1
Other

This ia ridiculous.  People worldwide are having the same bloody issues.  I have been told by when contacting Samsung North American Headquarters located in the states that they couldn't help me or assist with fridges manufactured for Canada. But yet, they are the North American Headquarters.  

I would be interested in seeing the part numbers for those parts being replaced for both Canada, US and elsewhere.  

File with Health Canada as a safety issue  with BBB , UL, contact your local news investigative reporters, we need to bring more attention to this.

Sadly  we do not have the same laws here as they do in the US  but we have the fight.

I have had 

Evap x5,  Icemaker x3,  man PCB, 1 and they still insists on bringing in someone for a 4th icemaker repair during a time covid cases rising and breakthrough cases. 

0 Likes
AmandaScott84
Beginner Level 2
Other
Yea same prob here pay2300 for s fridge that dont even work properly
0 Likes