Original topic:

A5 A8 & A20 are on July or August Security Patch - S10 series STILL JUNE 🤔

(Topic created on: 08-13-2019 07:53 AM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

Wondering why Samsung's S10 series- The 2019 "Flagship" is not the first device to receive the August Security Patch...... But after TWO OTAs is still running the June Security Patch????
Just a thought for those excited about the Note 10 series 🐧
14 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
it s ucks as samsung makes beautiful phones but their updates c rap the bed. like really ... their top of the line latest phone (not counting the unreleased Note 10) is behind mid to low range Samsung devices. they need to do way better than this
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
maybe because most of Samsung's software resources are going in to Bixby...... oh wait Bixby su cks too. I guess Samsung has no excuses 😂. maybe Samsung needs to hire more people for the software department and make it more than 10 people.
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Others
Yep. That's Samsung Canada for ya. It's just terrible makes me wanna get a Pixel phone next.
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
+1 ☝️☝️☝️☝️
0 Likes
kidflash
Active Level 4
Others
the A70 is still on the may security patch 😭
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
that bugs me too lol, but at least they don't advertise that as a top of the line flagship device
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
The A70 is on Quarterly support, unlike the A5 and A8. It's normal you're still on May, the next patch will be for August (if not released in September lol)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Yet the update is just sitting here since the end of July... And no August update in sight. Giving a date at this point isn't superfluous
flashback
Active Level 2
Others
Sir when we got a security patch it's one or two months behind
For example if any update available right now it's not for August it's for July or even June