Original topic:

Adding ring tones and assigning apps to buttons on a Samsung S10e

(Topic created on: 03-30-2020 10:24 AM)
johnny777
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding my Samsung S10e.

First, how do I set ring tones for various things like a new text message? I have some ring tones that I’ve downloaded and would like to associate them with some of my notification apps.

Second, on the left side of my phone, there is a button in the middle that I would like to either disable or re-assign to open something else. I do a lot of picture taking and I keep hitting that button instead of the volume buttons to take pictures. So either disable it or re-assign it to taking pictures.

0 Likes
2 Comments
Jeremie
Options
Others

@johnny777,

To set custom ringtones for notification sounds, You need to save downloaded ringtones in the notification folder.
My files >> Internal storage >> Notifications.

Bixby cannot be disabled completely. However, you can assign a key to open other apps
Head into Settings > Advanced features > Bixby key
Here you'll find the options to change one of the functions of the Bixby button - so you can have a single press or double press to launch any app of your choice.
Toggle on the option and head through to select what you'd rather have the button do. That can be to launch an app or a quick command and you can just select what you want off the list.

0 Likes
Others
Actually - You can disable Bixby completely using bxActions app from the Play Store - It does require adb or you can run a script from your computer.

You can also just use Zedge for custom Ringtones & Notifications.