Original topic:

Ask An Expert 4 - General Questions Thread!

(Topic created on: 12-19-2019 01:28 PM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members,

This is a reminder for the upcoming Ask an Expert event, happing RIGHT NOW! For those who are not familiar with this, the Ask an Expert is a time where any community members can submit questions and have a live response from experts! This time, there's no theme to this event - if you have ANY questions related to Samsung Products and services, bring them tomorrow and we can give an answer!

The event begins at 4PM EST sharp - and ends at 5PM EST. 

All the remainding questions from after the event will not be answered live. Instead, it will be answered later.

Format:

• Please post one question as a “Comment” in this discussion thread
  • The moderator will use the ‘reply’ function in the comment to your answer question based on the Expert panels’ input
  • Only one reply per comment will be made during the event – if there are follow up questions please send them to the Moderator afterwards and we will ensure you get more info!

Some suggestions to keep things moving:

• Please allow a moment or two for your comment (question) to be replied to – we may need to leverage the knowledge of one or two people in the room to create a clear and accurate reply
  • Please do not flood the forum with multiple comments (questions) – let’s give every Member a chance to ask – per above, we will be happy to continue replying during the days following the  event
  • Please follow our community guidelines at all times

For now, the thread is now CLOSED.

155 Comments
Options
Others

Hi Everyone! The thread is now OPEN! Please treat eachother with respect. Ask away!

0 Likes
geeee
Beginner Level 2
Others
good day,my brother forgot his password on his brand new tab A. what can he do to access his tablet?
0 Likes
Triedit
Beginner Level 2
Others
keep having to restart my 2 yr old samsung A5 to access keyboard - that intermittently disappears,?
0 Likes
Johnny11
Beginner Level 3
Others

Hi ! me and a lot of people on web ...can t update samsung health on galaxy 46mm watch...even if i call samsung  they ask me to do same thing as i do...and don t seem to understand the problem is on the app side cause some other apps...but not al..l do upgrade...we pay a lot of money for these watches...now they are useless? all resets have been done started back at 0 same thing happens 

0 Likes
Robecall
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hello. I have just purchased an N5200 TV and have managed to activate several links, such as primevideo, Netflix, Acorn, Britbox. My interest is tennis and I have subscribed to WTATV.com. Is there any way I can load it into my Samsung without having to hook up my iPad via hdmi?

0 Likes
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Others

WE had a question in the community from @Baby1997 

My mum has the Samsung galaxy tab A she can't remember her passcode. She's not able to shut it off every time she tries it asks for the passcode. She's done the whole holding the power and volume buttons and nothing. She doesn't have it registered. So is there anything that can be done? 

REPLY:  Go to Findmymobile.samsung.com and you can use this website to retrieve forgotten password or PIN.  Please note you need to log in with your samsung account.  If you don't recall what your samsung account log in credentials are, you can retrive them by using 'find ID or resent password' from that same site. 

0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
why doesn't Canada have Samsung rewards for Samsung pay. I love pay and use it 99% of the time. being able to say collect points and use them towards Samsung products would be amazing
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Others

Hi there - I think we had this question come up last session - reposting our response from then - hope this helps!

We don't have the official Samsung Rewards program in Canada mainly because we have national  loyalty programs who we work with to reward customers.  In our market, these programs are large and popular and customers can benefit from getting extra points from Samsung towards items that they may be saving for.  For example - you can get Air Miles for using Samsung Pay to show your loyalty card at Air Miles partner locations across Canada.  You can also get Bonus Miles from time to time for purchases made at Samsung stores or on Samsung.com.  Stay tuned for more programs such as this across more services. 

0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
air miles s ucks though and it's not even close to as good as the USA or international points. you can actually use Samsung points where air miles you need 2 trillion just to get like a cd (maybe a little bit of a stretch lol but you get my point)
even in the states the have the insider program where Canada we don't have that :(
thanks for the response though