Original topic:

Ask An Expert Thread!

(Topic created on: 09-19-2019 01:29 PM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members – thanks so much for joining the first ever live ‘ask an expert’ program in our community forum.  We are excited to get started and look forward to answering all your questions! Below is a quick overview of the format we will use to ensure that everyone can follow along and to give you all the opportunity to have your questions answered.  The event begins at 4PM EST sharp - and ends at 5PM EST.  any questions that are still unanswered will be replied to via the community after the event. 

Format:

• Please post one question as a “Comment” in this discussion thread
  • The moderator will use the ‘reply’ function in the comment to your answer question based on the Expert panels’ input
  • Only one reply per comment will be made during the event – if there are follow up questions please send them to the Moderator afterwards and we will ensure you get more info!

Some suggestions to keep things moving:

• Please allow a moment or two for your comment (question) to be replied to – we may need to leverage the knowledge of one or two people in the room to create a clear and accurate reply
  • Please do not flood the forum with multiple comments (questions) – let’s give every Member a chance to ask – per above, we will be happy to continue replying during the days following the  event
  • Please follow our community guidelines at all times
135 Comments
Others
Hello all, my question is about Stress monitor removed on Canada. What is the reason for this? I purchased the watch is because of this feature. Any chance will Samsung Health implement this feature in the future in Canada?
SamsungSteve
Community Manager
Options
Others

Welcome Tallman, 

I loved posts related to the latest NY Unpacked. I hope you had a great time and enjoyed the experience with DJ Koh.. 

As it relates to Stress Monitor, in Canada our regulator bodies are very engaged and involved in all things digital health. As we prepared to launch Galaxy Watch we engaged with the various regulatory bodies to get a review of the solution and support for us to enable it. Based on some of those discussions and engagements, we opted to remove this feature for the time being to allow for a more complete review process to be conducted. We recognize and appreciate the interest and desire for this solution, and have continued to work to bring this to Canada. We will provide updates as and when available. 

0 Likes
Others
Thank you Samsungsteve, NY Unpacked was fantastic. I will never forget in my life. As it is because of regulatory bodies discussions and engagement, hope it happen in the future soon.
SamungMad
Active Level 4
Others
Hello to one and all...

After going through the forums I see alot of posts ref flashing this or flashing that and I appreciate that a few members are into this but my estimatemation is that the majority are not also I see alot of post regarding updates from carriers which seems seems a needless flood of posts.

My question is why not do a sub folder or a tab on the home page for things like this?
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others

hello may I ask a qquestion?

0 Likes
SamsungSteve
Community Manager
Options
Others

Welcome SamsungMad, 

This is a great suggestion to help manage how and where folks posts more technical aspects. I will certainly look into creating a separate area/forum within the community related to flashing device, posts related to OS upgrades and of course my favorite post related to why the OS Beta Progam is not available in Canada..

Stay tuned and I will do my best to make this happen.. 

Options
Others

Hi @oooOmitoOooo,

Yes you certainly can! Be sure to make a NEW comment though in this thread, and not a reply to another question. We're trying to keep things orderly around here, thanks!

Cheers,

Jeremy:)

Options
Others

@SachinMadan asks,

"How do I disable Bixby as the default service for hands free calls on S10+?"

SamsungSteve
Community Manager
Options
Others

@SachinMadan, 

Appreciate you sending in your quesiton. 

I'm sorry to hear you aren't enjoying your Bixby experience. If you really want to change Bixby, you can go to settings, search device assistant app, from there you you select it, long press where you see Bixby, a sub menu will open and will have the option to chose Google, Alexa, Bixby or other or None! 

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

To @Jeremy_from_samsung or to the EXPERTS ? Je ne sais pas ou envoyer ce post car même en le traduisant les informations ne sont pas claires puisqu'aucun des modérateurs Samsung ne parlent FRANÇAIS...
1- QUAND Y AURA-T-IL DES MODÉRATEURS OU DES SUPERUSERS FRANCOPHONES SUR CE FORUM COMME ÇA SE FAIT PARTOUT SUR LA PLANÈTE ? Le service technique francophone est AFFREUX surtout quand on a le malheur de tomber sur un certain HARVEY. Une question aussi simple que de savoir quels chargeurs fonctionne le mieux sur mes Galaxy Buds et il n'a pas pu me donner de réponse pendant 1 heure car je devais toujours répéter MA QUESTION. De plus, il Ma dit que les chargeurs sans fil ne pouvaient pas charger mes BUDS alors que c'est faux. Il est clair qu'il doit utiliser un traducteur pour essayer de comprendre car ses réponses sont s.t-u,p-i.d,e-s et nous font perdre un temps précieux.On dirait qu'il est le seul employé de Samsung côté francophone...
2- Le mode traduction sur ma Note 10+ est rendu ridicule et harassant alors que c'est très facile sur tous les autres périphériques de Samsung. Maintenant, je suis obligé de copier / coller la phrase ou le mot à traduire et le copier dans un onglet internet dédié sur Google Chrome. Dans tous es périphérqies je n'ai qu'à sélectionner le mot ou la phrase et cliquer sur traduire, c'est aussi simpe que ça. Maintenant si on sélectionne avec le doigt ou un embout caoutchouté, il n'y a plus aucun choix...POURQUOI ? Le S-Pen ne peut pas copier la phrase ou le mot sélectionnée et le traduire, POURQUOI ?

MÊME SI NOUS NE SOMMES PAS EN MAJORITÉ, VOUS DEVRIEZ MONTRER UN PEU DE RESPECT ENVERS LES FRANCOPHONES EN AYANT UN MODÉRATEUR FRANCOPHONE CAR MON $$$$ VAUT AUTANT QUE CELUI DES AUTRES ET QUE J'AIMERAIS NE PLUS UTILISÉ TOUJOURS LE TRADUCTEUR DE GOOGLE.

-----
@Cassidy:

En ce qui concerne le modérateur français. C'est quelque chose que nous explorons en fonction des ressources. En ce qui concerne les super-utilisateurs, nous ne sommes pas en mesure d’apporter cela au Canada. Nous allons lancer prochainement un programme d'ambassadeurs. Soyez gentil, c'est traduit grâce à Google!

Soyez gentil, c'est traduit grâce à Google!
I don't have any Translation on my Note 10+when i select a word or a phrase...and taking The S-Pen to do that is a pain in the A**. I have to read the forum on Chrome to make it works because Translation dont works in Samsung Members