Original topic:

Ask An Expert Thread!

(Topic created on: 09-20-2019 03:28 AM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members – thanks so much for joining the first ever live ‘ask an expert’ program in our community forum.  We are excited to get started and look forward to answering all your questions! Below is a quick overview of the format we will use to ensure that everyone can follow along and to give you all the opportunity to have your questions answered.  The event begins at 4PM EST sharp - and ends at 5PM EST.  any questions that are still unanswered will be replied to via the community after the event. 

Format:

• Please post one question as a “Comment” in this discussion thread
  • The moderator will use the ‘reply’ function in the comment to your answer question based on the Expert panels’ input
  • Only one reply per comment will be made during the event – if there are follow up questions please send them to the Moderator afterwards and we will ensure you get more info!

Some suggestions to keep things moving:

• Please allow a moment or two for your comment (question) to be replied to – we may need to leverage the knowledge of one or two people in the room to create a clear and accurate reply
  • Please do not flood the forum with multiple comments (questions) – let’s give every Member a chance to ask – per above, we will be happy to continue replying during the days following the  event
  • Please follow our community guidelines at all times
135 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

@Shaggyskunk1... «««« accidentally »»»» ?

0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
Just a follow up really...

Approximately 4 months ago I posted in regards to the LED notification light being removed and mentioned that you can get 3rd party apps that will work around the front camera hole/notch and my thought process was that this could be a very simple thing for Samsung to rectify..

At the time from Jenna if memory serves rightly that this was a great idea and she would pass it on to the development team..

Question is ... where do we stand on this?

thank you in advance
SamsungSteve
Community Manager
Options
Others

Echo1 

Yes I recall this post on LED and I have seen a number of others related to LED notification. We do bring these requests to R&D so they can be considered for future releases. R&D looks at all feedback globally to determine which options/services  would address areas our commuity is requesting. When they make updates based on feedback we post those in the community. If there are updates to LED we will post in the community.  

Others
Can't you repost?
0 Likes
Options
Others

This is the thread for Ask an Expert! The Floor is now closed. We definitely appreciate everyone having so any questions about all things Samsung, and we hope to have another one soon! In the meantime, I know that a lot of questions are left unanswered out in the Lifestyles page and in the Member Mondays comment thread, so check back from here later as we’ll continue to upload your questions and your answers into this thread :)

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others

so I'm wondering I been told by someone in samsung technical service centre on a ticket I made about Bixby and I recieved a reply basically saying that "Bixby is always getting updates and improving everyday" but my device (galaxy S9) rarely gets Bixby updates. so what is actually getting updated with Bixby and what is getting updated on the devices of Bixby is cloud based 🤔?

0 Likes
RossB
Active Level 7
Others
nobody touched on the galaxy watch not updating or the overheating issue that many are experiencing. Is this a software issue as I'm about to buy a new smart watch
0 Likes
piman
Active Level 6
Others

Hey all,

I would like the text message app in S9 to be more customizable (choice of bubbles, wallpaper etc). when will it be possible? Thx

irislyn
Beginner Level 2
Others
My Messenger is not working what can I do
0 Likes
Noirgheos
Beginner Level 2
Others
Is there a way, when hiding the camera cutout in the Galaxy A70, for the radius of the top corners to match those of the bottom? The assymmetry is quite bothersome.

Attached is a photo demonstrating it, although I'm not sure it'll display correctly on all devices.
0 Likes