Original topic:

Ask a question

(Topic created on: 03-15-2018 06:38 PM)
smhk
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Is the Ask A Question feature actually read by Samsung staff? I've been trying to get an answer on something but keep getting boilerplate/Template like responses. This is ridiculous for a company the size of Samsung and I am not very happy about that.
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Others
I'll answer it for you...the chipsets for North America either have the FM radio disabled in them or do not even have them as part of the SoC. Reason? Carriers and music providers in North America don't like competition 💵💵💵💵💵💵💵
0 Likes
smhk
Active Level 3
Others
it's a software restriction since I've tried two different firmware versions one works one doesn't.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Others
9 out of 10 responses from a Samsung representative will be a boilerplate/template response. Don't know if they get paid by the post count, but it seems like it given the lack of content.

And they only post during 9 to 5 from Monday to Friday, so you might have to wait up to a few days for a response.

The members here are very helpful and knowledgeable, and that's what makes this site worth visiting. For most technical or usability issues you should get a useful response, but like almost any products you shouldn't expect accurate details on future features and products.
Jmak
Active Level 10
Others
Its not samsung, you are locked out by your carrier regardless of what your carrier says. Because radio on snapdragon outside canada works.
Iloveyeshua
Active Level 1
Others
why can't I see a light on my phone to remind me of a missed call or a missed message??
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
You should create your own thread, as here we're talking about the joy of having carriers limit your rights. But I'll still try to troubleshoot your issue.

You either disabled the function in the settings or another app is hooking the LED controls. See if you have any Light Manager, LED Manager, Editor....
0 Likes
Iloveyeshua
Active Level 1
Others
I don't see that I do, is there anyway I can download this app and if so what am I supposed to type it as. thank you for helping me out 🙏🙏
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koo.lightmanager

This is what I have on my S7
0 Likes
Iloveyeshua
Active Level 1
Others
I have an older version A5 2017 will it work for this phone but I'll try it anyways 🙏🙏🙌🙌 thank you
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Sorry didn't see your post. The A5 2017 does not have a Notification LED. That's why you don't have notification lights.
0 Likes