Original topic:

Ask a question

(Topic created on: 03-15-2018 10:01 AM)
smhk
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Is the Ask A Question feature actually read by Samsung staff? I've been trying to get an answer on something but keep getting boilerplate/Template like responses. This is ridiculous for a company the size of Samsung and I am not very happy about that.
0 Likes
21 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
What is the question maybe we can help???
0 Likes
smhk
Active Level 3
Others
I've been trying to see about FM radio support on Canadian Galaxy S8 Models and keep getting the attached response...it's more than infuriating actually4d3eca0e-1f79-4c66-81ba-637c42b44b09.jpg
ab2867c8-c22c-4762-a692-6026056a7548.jpg
720f5482-a20b-4b50-ab31-bf0451b65349.jpg
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
Not bad... 3 times you asked and the same generic answer....
I dont know now if this helps but I was under the impression that the FM chip is there it's just disabled by the carrier???
Samsung should be able to answer that for you.. as if I am right then you/ we should talk to our carriers...
Others
Yes. Including us Samsung Members Community, there is a moderator from Samsung that will assist as well with any technical or troubleshooting issues you may have with your device.
0 Likes
smhk
Active Level 3
Others
if only, I asked my carrier and they punted it back to Samsung 😥🙄
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
it's the same when you/ask in regards to the data toggle switch they will blame Samsung or refer you to samsung... it's easier for them as opposed to saying yes we do it so we can charge you more money every month....
smhk
Active Level 3
Others
I mean at least with data toggles it's just a matter of typing in a few lines in ADB but not giving access to an API for a tiny subset of the devices hardware and then just denying it even exists is a whole other level
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Others
Problem with asking the Carriers is that the person you are speaking to doesn't have a clue & the standard response given to them is "go ask Samsung".. The Carriers know full well that they are responsible - Because they are the ones who give their requirements to Samsung... This ALL started with AT&T several years ago when AT&T wanted Samsung to supply Locked Bootloaders - At the time the Canadian devices with the exact same specs did not have Locked Bootloaders (along with a few American Carriers.
smhk
Active Level 3
Others
It's extremely frustrating from a consumer perspective because I avoid service contracts, have never gotten a locked product and yet I am being subjected to the same constraints, why?
0 Likes