Original topic:

Ask an Expert - TV Edition - OPEN NOW!

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 11:04 AM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members!

Screenshot_20200205-104844_Samsung Members.jpg

This is the LIVE THREAD for the Ask an Expert Event - the thread is now OPEN NOW! Ask away!

We're going into another Ask an Expert event - this time, we will be focusing on all things TV! Whether it's concerning the Soundbar, Apps, Smart TV's menu, or anything else regarding Samsung TV's - bring your questions and we'll bring our answers LIVE! Please check out the Tip in the Samsung Members app, or view the image above for more details.

As with all the Ask an Experts, I want to remind everyone of the rules that we have - please follow the guidelines below!

Format:

• Please post one question as a “Comment” in this discussion thread
  • The moderator will use the ‘reply’ function in the comment to your answer question based on the Expert panels’ input
  • Only one reply per comment will be made during the event – if there are follow up questions please send them to the Moderator afterwards and we will ensure you get more info!

Some suggestions to keep things moving:

• Please allow a moment or two for your comment (question) to be replied to – we may need to leverage the knowledge of one or two people in the room to create a clear and accurate reply
  • Please do not flood the forum with multiple comments (questions) – let’s give every Member a chance to ask – per above, we will be happy to continue replying during the days following the  event
  • Please follow our community guidelines at all times

We'll see you here tomorrow!

The Samsung Members Team

48 Comments
Options
Others

Hi Samsung Members - the thread is now OPEN! Treat each other with respect, and please stick to the rules mentioned above. Ask away!:]

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Some 2019 TV models added support for AMD FreeSync, a nice technology that allows users with compatible AMD GPUs to sync the display refresh rate with the GPU's refresh rate, which has many benefits.

Unfortunately, NVIDIA GPUs are not compatible, at least currently. Are there plans to make current/upcoming TVs NVIDIA G-Sync compatible? Or at least compatible for NVIDIA GPUs via Freesync (as Freesync can be enabled to be compatible with NVIDIA GPUs, I believe LG did this in 2019)?

As NVIDIA GPUs have a broad market share, I think it's definitely a pertinent addition.
0 Likes
silbie123
Active Level 7
Others

Hello @CHMultimedia,

Thank you for your inquiry. Samsung is aware of both technologies and we may have more information on this at a later date.  Stay tuned for more information in the future!

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Thanks for replying! Hoping this means there's some good news coming

(Though you should have your account set as some sort of official status so it's clear)
0 Likes
silbie123
Active Level 7
Others

we had a question in the community from @coldwater58.

I have what I think is an odd problem but hopefully someone can help.
I have a brand new Series 7 UHD TV and a Pace cable box from Cogeco Canada. If the cable box is set to come on and record while the TV is off (a late night or early morning recording, for example) so the box is on when the TV is not - when I turn on the TV (while the box is recording) it tells me that I need to power on the cable box which is obviously on.
 My only solution, so far, is to reboot the cable box which seems unnecessary. I'm guessing that the TV needs to think the box is off while it's off so they can both be turned on at the same time? I'm sure there's an easy fix to this.
 Any help would be much appreciated.
 Doug

Response from the Samsung Team:

To have the TV communicate between the Cogeco box and the TV, please try:

Settings > Enable HDMI CEC Anynet.

If the above doesn't resolve the issue, please text to WE CARE (932273)

0 Likes
Options
Others

@dhaval85 had a question in the community:

Hello All,

I just bought a HW-Q70R soundbar and I have a TCL 65R617 TV (Roku). When I connect my soundbar using HDMI ARC and set TV to use auto detect in Audio settings. It recognize it as a Dolby Digital Plus, DTS compatible but there is no sound at all in Soundbar. When I set TV to use Dolby Digital instead it works. Therefore I cannot get Dolby Atmos or Dolby Digital Plus experience.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Response from Samsung Team:

Please conatct TCL to ensure ARC port is enabled in the TV

Or ask TCL which port supports HDMI ARC

0 Likes
silbie123
Active Level 7
Others

@chuckster11 had a question in the community.

I've got a KS8500, which is a curved screen 55 inch, SUHD, that has a dark shadow just right of center, that goes length of TV from bottom to top. It is always there; doesn't matter what the source is. This is apparently common with the KS series. Has anyone had any luck fixing this? Thank you.

Samsung team response:

Please text WE CARE (932273) to set up service.

0 Likes
Options
Others

@Sergiopag had a question in the community:

Just purchased 58ru7100 to replace an older Samsung plasma. Connected the new tv identical to the old one . Using optical audio out from the tv to optical in on my Current Audio soundbar. Cannot get any sound out of the soundbar? Tv is connected via hdmi from cable box. Sony blue ray player is connected to tv via hdmi.

Response from Samsung Team:
First you need to identify if the TV audio on the menu bar is indicating audio optical out only, not SPDIF.
Check the audio settings output either it is on PCM or bit stream.

0 Likes
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members - if you have more questions here, you can post it, and we will get back to you with our responses! Thanks for participating and coming in! The thread is now CLOSED.

0 Likes