Original topic:

Cable box on/ off recognition by TV

(Topic created on: 12-06-2019 07:35 PM)
coldwater58
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

I have what I think is an odd problem but hopefully someone can help.

I have a brand new Series 7 UHD TV and a Pace cable box from Cogeco Canada. If the cable box is set to come on and record while the TV is off (a late night or early morning recording, for example) so the box is on when the TV is not - when I turn on the TV (while the box is recording) it tells me that I need to power on the cable box which is obviously on.

My only solution, so far, is to reboot the cable box which seems unnecessary. I'm guessing that the TV needs to think the box is off while it's off so they can both be turned on at the same time? I'm sure there's an easy fix to this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Doug

0 Likes
3 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I think the issue might come from your cable box. Can you try it on another TV?
0 Likes
Others
I wonder is your cable box connected to TV by HDMI cable? I have similar case, but not exactly. The TV cannot detect any output after screen turned off and then turn on again. I discovered that the TV HDMI version was default set to version 1.4 and I have to changed to HDMI version 2 in order to fix the issue. I am not sure if this is your case or you can set different HDMI version from the TV, but you can take a look my example if this help.
0 Likes
Options
Others

Hi @coldwater58,

To have the TV communicate between the Cogeco box and the TV, please try:

Settings > Enable HDMI CEC Anynet.

If the above doesn't resolve the issue, please text to WE CARE (932273)

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes