Original topic:

Customer Service Wants Feedback?

(Topic created on: 05-14-2018 05:48 AM)
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Options
Others
Samsung wants feedback? With all the websites that are for Android alone as well as the brand itself I have to wonder if they are actually paying attention. This site is prime example! We can register our various Samsung device's, from mobile to appliances. We can even get a variety of diagnostics. Great!
so why then are a majority of the tip's & news posts on HERE especially for the S8 + S9 series? It seems more like by registering at the start it is just to be sure that the marketing department can be sure that the appropriate material is shown! Why did I have to stumble by accident on the Android Central Central? Then Android Authority! Here are 2 site's that encourage better user experience.
Simply because there is no pressure to upgrade. You can get answer's from a neighbor as well as a tech. This is where Samsung is losing my desire to be a customer. Have a Samsung Smart TV that is about 3-4 year's old now. Getting a hold of a live person to help with a situation for that took 36 long hour's & once the age was known they were eager to pawn it off to the closest repair shop. Wasn't even any attempt to help find 1! The 2 site's encourage even those with little to no tech support experience to at least offer step's to try.
With the release of the new phone's coming, the approach is to let anything else before these become obsolete by not supplying any more maintenance or security. Google itself has to announce that all OEM's have to start doing more! A separate company that should be utilizing Samsung is now going to dictate how to operate & offer proper security. Not only is that backwards but given the # of products that bear Samsung over Google should be enough to say who is indeed bigger & better!
What a new era we live in. A company that started out as an information source has now blown away one of the bigger electronic giant's. In fact said information company is now going to enforce their own view of business practices over basically every mobility service provider. Yet we are supposed to help by rushing to get the latest device because it is offered by a BRAND NAME. What is that name worth any more? Why should we as customer's feel any pride to claim more than just the Samsung in our hand? After all Google has this that those & of course has more coming!
0 Likes
4 Comments
Others
@Wolf, I don't necessarily agree that the majority of tips and news posts here are especially for the S8 and S9 series. The posts here are about all types of Android Smartphones and products. Android Central and Android Authority are American websites. If I was registering a new smartphone or appliance I would definitely use Samsung's Canadian website. Companies such as Samsung ask for feedback as they want to know what consumers think of their products in terms of product reliability and if they have any suggestions for future upgrades, new products and Customer Service.
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Others
Granted the site's I made mention of are American based, it still has a better reach to all who follow Android 1st then the Brand's 2nd. Most of the Canadian post's have a tendency to be based more in the Eastern Canadian provinces. Population size may be a factor for this.
Getting feedback on the various products does include those who are not yet or don't plan to upgrade yet as well. Yet when this site is loaded for the 1st time by a new member, a majority of the featured material is once again a majority of Eastern Canada based. While we have a option to get focus based advertising, toggle between the in/out doesn't actually have any noticeable difference in the geographic sense.
All of this generates a sense of being left behind despite the ability to pinpoint an exact location. Given that & little about any prior model on not just this site but Samsung's page (too retro or already retired would be under stable) requires a hunt stronger than XDA site just to see about warranty for last year's release. Android may be the software but the shell & accessories still read Samsung.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Others
Hey @Wolf, thanks for your feedback!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
jpl1772
Beginner Level 2
Others
Je viens d'installer Google support services, mais je ne la retrouve pas sur mon écran de cell
0 Likes