Original topic:

(FAQ) Basic troubleshooting steps

(Topic created on: 03-06-2019 04:19 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Since I saw @Sabrina our @Moderator asking if adding a FAQ/notice on how to boot into recovery to wipe the cache, I went ahead and wrote a whole new entry to our improvised FAQ, which contains all the basic troubleshooting steps one should take to solve his or her issues with his or her device. Plus, how to properly ask for help by giving us appropriate information on the issue.

Basic troubleshooting 1- Wipe Cache
1- Turn off your device.
2- Hold down the Bixby/Home, Volume Up and Power buttons.
3- On the menu that appears, navigate to the Wipe Cache Partition option. You navigate with Volume Up/Down and select with Power.
4- Confirm.
5- Reboot your device.

(Other steps will be added after. Feel free to suggest more)

In case this did not solve your problem, launch your own thread/topic to receive personalized assistance. Use the following model to make it easier for us to help you.

Device experiencing issues: //Write the name of your device and the model number. Some issues are due to having a foreign model.
Issue is present since: //Approx date or specific event that you think may have triggered the issue. Example: February 27th, or "Since last Android update" or "Since I installed application X". The more specific, the better.
Current Android version: //Android 9.0 Pie, Android 8.1 or 8.0 Oreo...
Current Baseband version: //Just give the 4 last letters. For instance, CSAA
Recent changes you made with your device: //You installed an app, changed a setting...

DO NOT REPLY HERE FOR HELP.

(This will be added to the main FAQ. But only when I get my Note9 back)
4 Comments
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others
please include this.

4debf398-d98e-4a2c-ae77-1a44a981d86b.jpg
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
There's always hope.

Like there was hope to get Pie on the N8 in February. Like there was hope to get Pie on the S9 in January.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others
RTFM
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Others
Hey @CHMultimedia,

Thanks for drafting this up, this will be super helpful to link to! 😊 I was also toying with the idea of asking users to submit their issues in a specific template, sort of like how you outlined above. I don't know how well that will be received though...

@mito, good call on the error report as well—a lot of issues are beyond our ability to fix, so this helps the devs understand what's going on.

Cheers,
Sabrina
0 Likes