Original topic:

Fake or real???

(Topic created on: 09-27-2017 05:04 PM)
Chris74
Active Level 3
Options
Others
I received an email from...supposedly someone from Samsung who ask me to give my address and phone nr because I have a gift...some wireless headphones, because I was active here.
I don't know man???....How do I know they r legit?...They send me an email to my Gmail address...any thoughts?
26 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
It's real
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Others
Haha most likely legit especially if they mention the members application. Congrats man!
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Others
their email is xxx@partner.samsung.com that's why I'm not sure....why not from a email xx@samsung.com...?
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Others
plus...I already have my address and phone nr registered on my profile on Samsung....why they are asking for phone nr or address when they can pull them out from there????
they could just ask me to confirm that that's my address
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Others
Yeah the partner.samsung.com is a legit one, just different departments im assuming. We've all had the same email lol

Is it from Shirley?
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Others
Yeah....from her Shirley Chu
0 Likes
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Others
she's legit ... I just got a gift from her department like a week ago lol
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Others
Hey @Chris74, Shirley helps coordinate the promotions that we offer on Samsung Members so please be assured that the email is "real". I've actually put you on the list of members to contact for gifts for this round and passed it to her. And to clear up some confusion - yes, a xxx@partner.samsung.com is what some of our emails look like, which is usually for subsidiaries, contractors, etc. Additionally, not all Samsung employees have full access to the information listed on your profile, hence the need to ask for an address and phone number. While I know it's not the most efficient method, we're working to improve that soon!

-Nick
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
It's great to see members being recognised for their participation on the forums...
Thank you from all of us...