Original topic:

Fast Charge Issues

(Topic created on: 06-25-2018 07:18 AM)
CeeKay
Active Level 5
Options
Others
Hi Guys!

My charger is no longer fast charging. Any solutions? Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
10 Comments
Others
What device & o/s?
0 Likes
CeeKay
Active Level 5
Others
Samsung S8+
0 Likes
Others
If you're using the OEM USB cable and Charging Block - Try a simple Reboot - If you're still having issues with Fast Charging - Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache - Still having problems with Fast Charging - Backup your phone with Smart Switch and copy everything you need or want to your external sd card - Factory Reset 😉
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
Could also be defective cable or power brick. Before going to the extreme of a factory reset, I'd check those parts too (ie. different cable and fast charger).
Others
@Vic20 Yeah it could be a defective USB cable or Charging Block - Obviously if there's any conspicuous damage then they should be replaced - @CeeKay should be careful that if he does replace them to get the OEM quality.. Cheap cables etc can lead to more problems like frying the device - poor charging speed or worse.
Others
try a different fast charger and see if it works
then you would know if its an issue with the phone or charger it self.
CeeKay
Active Level 5
Others
Hey Guys, so I rebooted and cleared cache but same issue. It may be the charger. Will look into getting another one. Thanks for all the advice!
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Others
My S7 quit fast charging but would still slow charge and new cable fixed the problem
Moderator_
Options
Others
Hey members, thanks for your support!
Hey @CeeKay, could you please let us know how your device behaves after trying with different chargers? Thanks!

- Wonchul