Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q70R/ZC minor repair.

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 05:42 AM)
Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Options
Others

Good morning all. I recently purchased a new soundbar HW-Q70R/ZC. It was purchased on Ebay from an electronics store in Toronto, Ont., Canada. It had been a store demo unit. It was bought to replace the HW-Q550R. I just love this as the sound is incredibly. Any asit turns out I cannot use all the functions because the display light (@ end of right hand end of front), is burned out is this light available from Samsung & is it replaceable by a competent person such as myself? The only inconvenient problem is that if I don't touch Volume bottom or put my TV on pause for any length of time, the soundbar shuts itself down, at which time I have to get the SB'sremote to re-turn the system back on.  Thank-you in advance for your assistance.  Cheers Angela oldbroad Dodds 

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
k10P10
Beginner Level 2
Others

Try Initialize (Reset) the sound bar, that will wipe all the settings back to its original settings, here are the steps,

1. Turn the unit on.

2. Press and hold the “+” button and “-” button on Sound Bar simultaneously for 5 seconds

3. If it was successful, “INIT” will be displayed for 2 seconds and be turned off.

4. The Sound bar will be turned off.

View solution in context

Solution
keagan
Options
Others

Hi, Thanks for responding and glad that the issue got resolved. Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

View solution in context

7 Comments
Solution
k10P10
Beginner Level 2
Others

Try Initialize (Reset) the sound bar, that will wipe all the settings back to its original settings, here are the steps,

1. Turn the unit on.

2. Press and hold the “+” button and “-” button on Sound Bar simultaneously for 5 seconds

3. If it was successful, “INIT” will be displayed for 2 seconds and be turned off.

4. The Sound bar will be turned off.

Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Others
Thanks k10 but the unit's display hasn't worked since purchased.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Hi Oldbroad, The light you are referring to is not a user replaceable part and that can only be replaced by Samsung authorized service technician. As you purchased the soundbar from Ebay, which is not a Samsung authorized dealer. You would be charged for the repair.

Please find the nearest Samsung authorized service center details by using the below link.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Others
sorry for the delay in responding. Been in & out of hospital. thank so very much. will do that when possible.
0 Likes
Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Others
The shop in TO that I purchased from is a Samsung authorized dealer. But bar was purchased asis. I have found an authorized service center not far from me in Langley, BC, but befor I pull the trigger and take it in for repair, can anyone here recommend a soundbar that may be more compatible with my UN58NU7100 TV? Cheers Oldbroad Angela
0 Likes
Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Others
sorry didn't see anyway to acknowledge problem solved. so consider this question answered and solved.
0 Likes
Solution
keagan
Options
Others

Hi, Thanks for responding and glad that the issue got resolved. Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.