Original topic:

๐ŸŒŒHot Topic - February 13th 2020๐ŸŒŒ

(Topic created on: 02-14-2020 01:22 PM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members!

Unpacked was this week - a lot of cool things shown! Thank you to everyone who went and shared their experiences on here:]

What is everyone's thoughts about all the things revealed? I had a chance to play with the galaxy Z flip - I was super surprised at how sturdy it was! It might not be the one for me though - I'm very clumsy and I feel like I would break in in the first month. Nonetheless, I'm super impressed at the showcase, and am looking forward to having people give the new s20's a shot.

[ HOT TOPIC ]

I know that a lot of people shared their experiences with Unpacked - If you want, scroll down in the community to see what was going on! I also wanted to give a shout out to @seobro for sharing a spec sheet for the s20 lineup: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Galaxy-S20-Specifications-Overview/td-p/3747299

[ HOT KEYWORDS ]
Some of the hot keywords this week were #UNPACKED, #S20, AND #GALAXYBUDS. This is all very exciting!

[ WEEKLY BEST MEMBERS ]
Thanks for @seobro(normally I dont do double mentions but you've been so involved with the community lately) and @Cassidy - who both started conversations about how to make Samsung Members a better place, both in content and in features. We've seen it! I'll be continuing to keep my eye on both those threads so if there are anymore points to come out of it - I'll make sure to take a note of it. Thanks to both of you!

[ WEEKLY BEST SOLUTIONS ]
@Tallman, and @CHMultimedia - You guys are super fast - honestly it's so rare that I come across an unaddressed problem - you guys are quick! Thank you to everyone who put in their own solutions as well.

Thanks everyone! I'll see you all next week!
Jeremy:] 

7 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
The Z Flip is a pretty cool device, priced the same as the S20 Ultra 5G. First to use Ultra Thin Glass. Yup, the display is made with glass and it bends without breaking. From what I've seen, it's a pretty well made device. You're right to fear buying it though, as if you dare break the inner display, a replacement will cost *gasp* 1000$! For a limited time, you get a free one-time screen replacement according to the Newsroom press release but that's still a full thousand dollars to replace if you ever drop it twice, not to mention that this is not as resilient as the Gorilla Glass 5/6/DX+ available in other products of the brand. Should be more durable than the Fold though.

To be honest, my biggest concern about Unpacked was the fact that 5G came as standard. Rogers is the only carrier to have launched their network, and for the 4 areas available, coverage is extremely low. I would have released an S20 4G at the very least so that at least the base model remains more affordable. Yes you can claim "future-proofing" but a lot of people live by two year contracts, which means the future is too close.

If the brand has another strategy here and wants to push the S10 series as the LTE alternative, then efforts must be put in place to make it clear that the S10 series is still relevant to users.

Oh and thanks for the shoot-out!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I do have to be honest that the place allocated to more overhyped novelty such as 100x zoom (5x IRL theoretically, 10x technically), 108MP camera or 8K video recording. I do greatly appreciate the large 108MP sensor being binned to make 12MP shots with humongous pixels. That's going to make night pictures like you've never seen.
0 Likes
Others
My wife like the Z Flip and she said if the phone is designed for ladies? I have no idea. But she point out that the Z Flip when closed, it looks like a girl makeup case that she could put it in her purse and the mirror reflection she could use it as a mirror for putting lipstick on. And I was looking at her like...๐Ÿ˜ณ
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I'm not exactly sure of how I should feel about this.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Oh gee thanks @tallman for ruining it, or tell your wife thanks ๐Ÿ˜‚
Looking @it now it does look like a girl phone ๐Ÿคฆโ™‚๏ธ(not that there's anything wrong with that)
All I can picture is a dude driving a Mazda Miata ๐Ÿ™ƒ
With this thing in their face lol
0 Likes
seobro
Active Level 6
Others

Eyy! Thanks again Jeremy. Being able to see the S20 release has been pretty exciting but I'm honestly very excited for the Galaxy Z Flip. The specifications may be a little underwhelming to some but I like this application of the folding phone concept the best and am excited to see it improve over time!

Again, thanks for the shoutout, and always appreciate the work you and the other Members do too!

0 Likes
czamek1980
Active Level 6
Others
Hey Jeremy, hoping your enjoying the rare sunshine here in Vancouver! I was impressed more so for the S20 lineup rather than the Z series. S20 ultra's camera is insane but quite expensive. I would love if I could get away from my Note 9 and get the S20 with the free buds+. dont get me wrong, Samsung's phones are built with customer focused background and you have awesome looking phones, the only bad part is that it's quite expensive and a bit of a block when wanting to upgrade. I think most people will wait till next year to get these phones when the price has dropped. overall the specs and large battery with 120hz refresh is insane, as well the less bezel than previous phones. way to go Samsung for layout the path before others and hope this will continue!
0 Likes