Original topic:

Hot Topic - March 27th 2020!

(Topic created on: 04-01-2020 06:59 PM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members! This one is coming a little late - Not too sure with what happened, there seemed to be an mistake with the actual posting itself...my fault! 

I've never worked from home before...turns out its actually really difficult to do. I've been struggling to stay on top of things when I don't have the proper resources or setting:( Still, I hope everyone is getting by okay. Its not easy being cooped up in the house! I've been taking some small walks around the neighborhood by myself to try and breathe and take some rest, and it's been helping! I would advise it to anyone feeling cooped up.

On a much lighter note, I've been more involved with my family! It's great to spend time with them, and I always wished I had more time to. Well...I do now! How is everyone doing? I'm wishing for the best for everyone! ALSO ITS APRIL FOOLS TODAY! 

253968-P48HD8-264.jpg

Coffee photo created by freepik - www.freepik.com

[HOT POST]

For the Hot Post this(or er...last) week, we want to shout out @Dayim for a list of everything being updated/new features for One UI 2.1! Thank you for sharing with us:) Here's the link for everyone to check out: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Samsung-One-UI-2-1/td-p/4321168

[HOT KEYWORDS]

Some of the keywords were #UPDATE, #WIFI, and #DARK MODE

[BEST SOLUTIONS]

Thank you @Tallman for lending your hand in solutions! Really appreciate what you do for this community:)

Thank you everyone! See you guys in a couple days!
Jeremy

9 Comments
Plaidygami
Active Level 5
Others
I forgot it was April Fool's today and fell for a few things. 🙈 This quarantine has rendered the concept of time nonexistent to me.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
It's not easy for everyone to be at home all the time. It's a necessary evil though. We don't have the supplies or the infrastructure to support a massively infected population. I'm sure you'll manage though 🙂
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
Tired out. Brain is just too wired with this pandemic. Frontline work has been constant and demanding. It's starting to calm down a bit though. Which is a nice change to catch a breath... but can't shake the feeling it's the calm before the storm.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
You work in public healthcare? If so, thanks a lot, you rock.

Though if I am being honest, your feeling is perfectly justified. Overall in Canada, healthcare is understaffed, we won't have enough rooms, both provincial and national governments warn about shortages of supplies that are critical for this, people get their news on social media without filtering the obviously **bleep** information, and seems that the official health recommendations are not being followed in a satisfactory manner. But that's because I always see the worst case scenario. Don't think about the future now (or you will burnout). Think about today. And tomorrow. Focus on the people you help.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
+2
1 for me and you 👍
Thanks @Vic20 🙃
I agree so much @CHMultimedia
Think the worst case scenario but see the glass as half full and live today 🤙
And we are in a silly pinch, we NEED SUPPLIES you think today's day and age we might be a little more prepared for this 🤦♂️
Watch how things hopefully change after this 🤪
I do think it's the calm before the storm too, somebody said its like we in a hurricane and we are in the eye of the storm and who knows what's on the other side 🙈
As long as we all don't get complacent and keep this quarantine, social distancing, washing hands, not touching your mouth, eyes, nose or face up for awhile longer I'm hoping it won't be too bad ✌️
seobro
Active Level 6
Others

Taking online classes from home is such an odd experience... I've been going out for walks every day partly for exercise but mostly to keep myself sane. At least not having to wear proper clothes to sit in on my lectures are nice. Keep well, Jeremy

Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
@CHMultimedia and @mytech.

Thanks. I work in Healthcare retail sector. Volume in the beginning was very overwhelming. Way more than what we could handle. I was actually starting my vacation time off. But that was cut short as I was called back in.

Right now it's a bit calmer and we can breathe a little easier. But it's still a mental toll on all of us. We still joke around but there's still that dread that hangs over us. We know it's only a matter of time before we get hit.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Ya mon, joke around 🤣🙃🤙 you all are the thread that keeps us together, hope section's of peepers are quarantined in case 1 goes out, pull another group in 👍
I hope all people heed the warnings, just try not to breath around people and do not touch any eye, mouth nose or open sore before washing 🤷♂️
I don't think we haven't hit the peak yet so I hope everyone is diligent and doesn't become complacent 👍✌️
And no it's not this @Shaggyskunk1

https://youtu.be/wFNO2sSW-mU
0 Likes
Options
Others

Hey @Vic20,

Thank you for contributing to the work being done! I'm sure everyone agrees with me when we say we truly do appreciate you and everyone's efforts in the frontline. Thank you for all the work that you put in, and the commitment you have to the job and to the health and safety of everyone here.

Cheers,

Jeremy